Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. Make a subscribtion that includes all popular songs but only includes one instrument.

Because many people like me can't afford to pay for premium+ just to get popular songs. Most people using yousician want popular songs but only want to learn one instrument, so I suggest we have a subscribtion between premium and premium+ which includes all popular songs but only one instrument of choice.

182 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Proper piano synth to replace the lackluster one for playing with MIDI keyboard

TL;DR Yousician's piano synth is terrible. There's a reason for it that makes as little sense as its design. Yousician needs a piano synth that works well.

Now for the longer version:

Currently Yousicians' piano synth doesn't adjust the amplitude of sample playback with note input velocity. This makes it sound quite bad.

The problem seems to lie in sound font playback. Ys does know the velocity, but it doesn't really do anything sensible with it.

This makes the internal synth totally useless for any serious learning. Given the sheer amount of people with midi keyboards I fail to see…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Guitar App

guitar app My idea is totally crazy, but it can work, creating an application to play the guitar helps beginners and any guitarist in general, the application can be by voice, it means that I can think of a phrase or some solo and I sing it or humming through the microphone and the application recognize what notes they are, in what string and on what fret, that could be the main function, if you are interested in contacting because I would like to be part, thank you for your attention and good day ,I don't know if someone came…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Song length

Please give an indication of the song duration in the 'progress panel'; also indicate the current time during progress or when you move the cursor (like a classic player).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Redesign the Yousician Certificates

I was thinking that, since we all get official Yousician certificates everytime we reach a new level, the certicifates need a new design, one that's more consistent with the app itself. I decided to do a mockup (with the ukulele, since I'm playing that instrument), explaining what I meant with that idea, and some elements that I think should stay in future certificates.

You can view the mockup here: bit.ly/2MNBQYL

Btw, can someone tell me if these certificates have any value in a CV?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Didgeridoo

It would be awesome if you had lessons for didgeridoo as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Tempo to Pratice Mode

Add tempo on practice mode (example 300% or infinite) and add conversion % to bpm. the value max 120% is small for increasing speed on scale and arpeggios.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Learn to play songs on a 3 string box guitar with a glass slide.

Lessons on playing riffs and chords for a
    3 string cigar box guitar using a glass slide.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. What About Exercises/Etudes?

The songs are great, but as beginners, are we missing out on important basics and fundamentals by playing songs only and not including etudes/exercises? I believe the syllabus should include etudes/exercises similar to what is found in the Hanon books or other pedagogy materials.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. guitar tab overview

when i learn a new song outside of yousician,
    i look at the tabs as a whole & check out the range of the song.
    so then i know which positions i will be fretting in.
    that helps in figuring out which finger should predominantly cover what fret.
    if you get dunked into a song without knowing,
    often enough, your in for a surprise.
    please do it like in the piano version where before each song you see a spreadsheet with all the notes to be played in the song.
    (for instance a fret board style tab)

thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Turn off iPhone notifications

Why isn’t this a setting? Isn’t everybody inundated with iPhone notifications in midst of a lesson? Is this an undocumented feature of musicianship?? I have to toggle off my iPhone notifications before I start the app. This is not an ideal user experience.

How about a setting that mutes all iPhone notifications whilst the app is active.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. drop down menu for things like favourites, chord overview in songs

As of now the main Menu is like a frint page that u can scroll down. I realized I have to scroll down to reach my favourites eventually, so a dropdown menu would be great, where you can choose favourites or playlists. It would benefit usability and cleanliness of the UI.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Windows Surface Tablet RT 8.1

Please make a Windows store app for Windows Surface Tablet RT 8.1. I would like to be able to do something with this tablet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Yousician team should be more active with the community

I find it very surprising that Yousician can afford not to actively foster the community of users and customers they have. I don't really see any comments from the Yousician staff to any of these ideas posted by users (it's free product development feedback!), nor do I see Yousician being active on the discussion forums. I understand that some decisions like removing the user generated content may not have been popular, but typically I would at least expect some basic level of decency with a proper thank you for the feedback even if there are no plans to react as…

170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Paint only the upper haft of the note in green or red when played so I can still see the note

When I miss a note, I stop the song to understand but it is not possible to see anymore what note I was supposed to play. So I have to rewind the song to find out. That would be really great if you could paint only the upper part of it in green and red. Here is a mockup. Thanks!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vJAPst71W3Z7fQVHSO0zAxh2XxxuLo5q/view?usp=sharing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. View only songs I have never completed before

Similar to the "collect missing stars" or the "go for gold" views, have one for songs I have never completed or attempted

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Smooth difficulty in learning paths, address hurdles

There are some songs where I got stuck for a long time, because I think the difficulty increased too much. You could check at which songs people need more time to complete them and implement measures to make it easier.

For example the fingerpicking for guitar section: There is a simple trainer and then the second next song (cowboy exit music) immediately uses difficult fingerpicking patterns. There are some great fingerpicking workouts in the app that range from easy to hard. But they are not part of learning path and you have to find them first. In my opinion they…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Band codes

Friends could send "band codes" which they could connect together and play the same song together

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base