Please make sure you post one idea per suggestion:

Possibility to control guitar/bass/piano/uke volumes on backing tracks

Let's say I play a guitar song for the first time, having a guitar perfectly recorded playing that part in the mix is nice to have an idea of how I'm supposed to sound. but once I learned it, it would be great if I could control that guitar track volume with a slider, even mute it, so I can hear all the details of my playing in the mix.

These backing tracks with the guitar playing the same notes tend to mask mistakes that would be heard otherwise.

this feature could be implemented automatically to the instrument one is learning.

37 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rabatavus shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Antmax commented  · 

Someone on the facebook page suggested having two versions available that are labeled differently in the song library. So you could choose.

• pennetsen commented  · 

A solution could be an option in the practice mode or mixer to shift between a backing track with or without guitar that you are playing. I can't vote on this because I don't have more votes left. But I like the idea.

• Antmax commented  · 

Me too. It's distracting when your trying to play over another instrument and can't hear your own playing properly. That's why one of my favorite genres is classical because often your accompanying another completely different instrument and your own fits in and compliments the mix when recording.

If you record your own playing, there is something very satisfying when it all comes together and sounds like it all belongs together. When you overdub another instrument it just sounds messy and pretentious as well as being difficult to analyse your playing and spot your mistakes. Especially if you are trying to improve your phrasing and another instrument is playing the same part.

Feedback and Knowledge Base