Please make sure you post one idea per suggestion:

Voice Commands for Starting, Restarting etc.

Since Yousician is already listening for notes it would be great if would respond to voice commands like Start, Pause, Restart. As a total noob, and maybe because I'm older (58), I feel like I need to rush to pick up my pick and get it positioned before the first note. It does help that we can pause/un-pause by tapping the space bar instead of gripping the mouse but just saying Start etc would be soooo much easier.

Windows 10 does have built in voice command ability. I suppose some of us might need to train it for those few words but that's no biggie.

Anyway I'm on the trial now. Will subscribe Feb 1 whether this suggestion is added or not. I like learning the basics with Yousician.

38 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Frederic Coostra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being paraplegic it would be a nice feature to restart the piano lessons and stuff without the need to move my hand from the keyboard. a pedal is no option for me

• Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this request. To reach over to laptop and the focus on guitar is challenging when we have to grab the pick and align with tempo. Keyboard shortcut to start would be helpful.

• Jason Matthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! Whether its voice commands or the song starts when you play the first note. something needs to be done.

• Jon P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been recommended several times to add a longer pause. Having it configurable is a great idea!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If adding voice rec isn't very feasible at least add the ability to configure the length of the count in. Maybe such that when we click the Start / Restart icon a popup gives a choice of say three count-in lengths.

Feedback and Knowledge Base