Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. Note hint when hover mouse cursor over note

A pop up hint with note name and location (on fret or keys) that is displayed when the mouse cursor hovers over a note.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back popular songs in lessons

When I first decided to go premium, it was because I really enjoyed learning a bit of a popular song after each lesson. I'm a methodical person. I like having the lesson tree and I liked that I could see what popular songs were around my level. This was especially helpful for singing because it was also a way to suggest songs that were within my range without me having to search for random songs that may or may not be in the library and guess what might be in my range (I'm a beginner, after all). The new update…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Freestyle mode

Dear developers

I had an idea to add a freestyle mode to my guitar app. Your current algorithm allows you to determine if I played the correct chord. So let her learn to recognize any chords that I can play. I will sign in more detail:
    2. The complexity of the song depends on the combination of various chords of chords, their frequency and complexity of appearance. For example, Am + F is harder to play than Am + Em. Put such logic into the work of the algorithm.
    3. We all understand that the system is not always able…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Back to the old library

Please upload older songs back and make the upload option available again as well, I used to play a lot more when that was an option, now there ain't many songs I like to play at all... And some users made really good melody exercises, like mister - something-, a man who made like my favorite songs to play. I'm not going to pay for a new year of that doesn't come back...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. List of perfectly played songs in Workouts section.

Practice by collecting missing stars section has 3 options:
    - Collect Missing Stars
    - Go For Gold!
    - All Gold

But All Gold means that all notes were played without taking into account if they were played right rhythmically.

It would be great if there was a list of songs played ideally so that user would be able to practice any 'All Gold' song until it is moved to 'Played perfectly' list (or whatever name would be better for this feature).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add 6 / 4 time in the metronome

Many xmas-songs are written in 6/4 time so I suggest to add the 6 / 4 time. 4/4, 5/4, 7/4 are available but I'm missing 6/4.
    Thanks a lot!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Requested songs already available for play

We should be able to flag songs in the requested songs list as “available in Yousician.” While scrolling through the list of song requests I noticed several of them are already playable in Yousician.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. List the song tempo / rhythm and key

Just showing the tempo (number), rhythm and key for a song. When I'm trying to play a song in Yousician from memory, it would be nice to have this basic info.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. GuitarTuna App: Fretboard Memorization Games

I would suggest adding games which teach people to memorize the individual notes on the fret board.

While existing games are great for learning some new chord shapes, these overlook the fundamentals of knowing which notes are incorporated in which chords.

I think that having individual games for each string of the instrument, or different games for different tunings as well, would be a great addition.

What I imagine is that, for a guitar in standard tuning, game 1 could offer up a fret number on the 6th string, and then the user selects the correct note name. At first…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improved stats

I'd like to see more improved stats i.e.:
    Score per section
    Replay of what notes you missed
    Stats on whether you tend to play notes early or late etc.

Strings missed when playing chords

Just so you can analyse your playing more and really focus on improving. New songs is fine, but improved teaching should be the focus.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Songtexts

I would like to sing to my new Ukulele Skills and therefore would really like to download the PDF Formats for the Songtexts, is this possibl

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add speed drills for the guitar

Add more drills to build speed and accuracy.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improved playlist management

Would love options to move songs between playlist in bulk. Pretty cumbersome to do one at a time. I tend to have a playlist of songs I am working on in various states like almost there, really hard etc. Once completed I like to move the ones I like to other groups for general practice. One at a time takes ages, I get it is designed fro ma tablet perspective but on a laptop or in browser via account would be way more usable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The TOTAL NUMBER # of ALL your songs on yousician

Before, you used to have a feature where it was noted exactly the TOTAL number # of songs you had but now, it’s all mixed and you never know how many songs are in your app! I like that feature back where it is stated the TOTAL # of your songs!
    (For ALL instruments)!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please reposition "yousician has trouble hearing your guitar dialog"

When entering practice mode, I stumble every single time over the same inconvinience. Yousician starts playing the song once entering the practice mode immediately. However, my first activity in many cases is adjusting the speed (therefore I am in practice mode). However, as soon as the first notes are coming up (and I am not playing since I want to adjust the speed), the "trouble" dialog immediately appears and... it shadows the speed adjustment button.

I KNOW that you cannot hear me, since I am not playing because I want to adjust the speed. Stopping the song does not make…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Changing music notation for each hand individually (PIANO)

I would like to ask you to create an option to choose, to study with "Sheet" in the right hand and "Enhanced" in the left hand, this way helps to improve the decoration of the notes in the F key. Because I find it easier to read scores in the key of the Sun, in the key of Fa, I do not read quickly. The yousician system allows you to use only one notation for both hands, ideally I could put different notation on each hand. Thank you!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. strumming patterns

I would like to see new strumming patterns incorporated in the lessons. reggae strum, chuck, etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add the Dulcimer instrument and re-open votes for this instrument

Hi, the previous thread to suggest adding Dulcimer to Yousician has been closed so we can't vote anymore and man, you're so wrong... Do you know how many millions of kids are playing with Paper Jamz Guitars ? and how many millions Power Tour Guitars were sold by Hasbro in the past years ? These toys are electronic nowadays versions of the traditional dulcimer, that is: Diatonic guitars. These guitars are even wordly knowned as Cigar Box Guitars and sold by millions all over the world ! If you want to know more search for Loop Guitars on google, they…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Licks

Blues licks to practice bends, Double Stops and other stuff

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)