Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't let Yousician kick me out of a song if I'm not doing very well

Currently if I'm struggling to hit notes in song mode Yousician will tell me it can't hear my guitar, turn red and then kick me out of the song suggesting I practice.

This is pretty annoying as I'm still trying to play the song and it disrupts my learning; its also a pretty negative approach for an educational app.

Yes I can use practice mode, but that should be my choice. Let me finish the song and achieve whatever score I can and then try to beat it next time.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I want to archive my old collections

I would like to archive my old collections, and only keep visible the most important ones.

It would help me to find faster my current favorite collection, and to keep things in order.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. How to make the Forum super valuable and well used

My idea is to connect up the songs with a specific form where you could ask about techniques to successfully do the song as well as problems and even loading images or screenshots and videos of playing. The Facebook site connecting members is great but actually we are in the middle of a specific song If You Could immediately then connect that would even be better because then you go directly from playing the song to opening a page which talks about the song and people's reaction to it. I think that's one of the major ways to change the…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add more instrument

Like violin cello flute

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add more instrument

Add more instruments like violin, flute, cello and clarinet

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Watch a song preview

I'd like to be able to watch a song without it counting toward my minutes; that way I could be at work and going through what songs I may want to learn next.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Song specific lessons

I'd like to have some tutorials that are specific to some of the songs. If there is a specific way that it should/could be played it would be nice to have that explained.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Maybe identify a singalong song version

Especially for the Christmas or children's songs, it would be nice if there were versions that were made to be sung over. I'm thinking about the versions of Jingle Bells that's currently available. There should be a slightly more complicated cowboy chord version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Default auto setting practice mode

I just think the settings should have an always on option for the auto setting in practice mode

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tamia so into you

Instrumental to learn how to play on the piano

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Background color

Been using the Yousician app for more than four years and haven’t had to many complaints in the time Ive used it. Except for the latest update. Ive found the background color in the past on the exercises soothing when the music is stressing me out. Dealing with your white and off white background while trying to learn this shit is about to make me kill somebody. You need to incorporate an option in your features and settings to allow for users to change the background color on the exercises they are practicing. Any numbscull can tell you the effect…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Search - other filters - filter on only "yousician" songs

In Search - other filters I can tick a box to search for only Premium+ songs.

I would like to also see a box for searching for only Yousician songs (ie excluding Premium+ content).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Timer Countdown before starting song.

Is there a setting to where it can possibly count down or take a few extra seconds to start? I have my app on my ipad connected to the tv so I can see it better. Connected to an irig my amp and a jbl speaker. I am also using a wireless guitar system. I just always mess up in the beginning trying to get to where I want to be situated before it starts. I cant seem to find any kind of remote for ipad to start it from other than the iPad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Note hint when hover mouse cursor over note

A pop up hint with note name and location (on fret or keys) that is displayed when the mouse cursor hovers over a note.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bring back popular songs in lessons

When I first decided to go premium, it was because I really enjoyed learning a bit of a popular song after each lesson. I'm a methodical person. I like having the lesson tree and I liked that I could see what popular songs were around my level. This was especially helpful for singing because it was also a way to suggest songs that were within my range without me having to search for random songs that may or may not be in the library and guess what might be in my range (I'm a beginner, after all). The new update…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Freestyle mode

Dear developers

I had an idea to add a freestyle mode to my guitar app. Your current algorithm allows you to determine if I played the correct chord. So let her learn to recognize any chords that I can play. I will sign in more detail:
    2. The complexity of the song depends on the combination of various chords of chords, their frequency and complexity of appearance. For example, Am + F is harder to play than Am + Em. Put such logic into the work of the algorithm.
    3. We all understand that the system is not always able…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Back to the old library

Please upload older songs back and make the upload option available again as well, I used to play a lot more when that was an option, now there ain't many songs I like to play at all... And some users made really good melody exercises, like mister - something-, a man who made like my favorite songs to play. I'm not going to pay for a new year of that doesn't come back...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. List of perfectly played songs in Workouts section.

Practice by collecting missing stars section has 3 options:
    - Collect Missing Stars
    - Go For Gold!
    - All Gold

But All Gold means that all notes were played without taking into account if they were played right rhythmically.

It would be great if there was a list of songs played ideally so that user would be able to practice any 'All Gold' song until it is moved to 'Played perfectly' list (or whatever name would be better for this feature).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add 6 / 4 time in the metronome

Many xmas-songs are written in 6/4 time so I suggest to add the 6 / 4 time. 4/4, 5/4, 7/4 are available but I'm missing 6/4.
    Thanks a lot!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base