Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. Make loop station feature

Loop station feature can be very useful for people like me who love to make or cover songs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fingering on sheet music

Include fingering in the sheet view as you would normally see on sheet music, ie, numbers on the sheet music where fingering shifts to a new position or when it is important. I’d like to see that on the sheet music at all times.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Key signature bpm

Could the key, bpm and time signature info be added to the songs?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add + and - buttons to set the tempo on Practice Mode

My suggestion was based on the comments for the suggestion "In song practice mode, widen the speed adjustment bar" by Mike, which is avaliable here: https://yousician.uservoice.com/forums/296820-feature-requests/suggestions/33009514-in-song-practice-mode-widen-the-speed-adjustment

The + (plus) and - (minus) buttons should be added to Yousician. These buttons should be "hold it" buttons, what means that these buttons should be buttons where you just have to hold to increase or decrease the tempo faster, instead of tapping them 50 times to reduce the tempo from 100% to 50%, for example. With the actual bar, you take too much time to set the tempo to 82%, for example. Also,…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Create an option where I can view the entire score of the song.

On the more difficult pieces, I would like to see the entire score as a whole before I started sight reading. If possible, print it out even. I think that could really help me and a lot of other musicians out there.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Tagging and searching for songs based on skills that are practiced

If you are practising in a structured way you will want to focus on specific skills like bends, legato, speed, scales and so on.. Tagging songs (inlcluding Premium+ song) with what skills they require AND making them searchable on these tags would be a great benefit.

In this way I could find only songs for practising hammer ons/pull offs and combine that with the appropriate level of difficulty for my level of playing. This ccould possibly enhance the value of Yousician as a practice tool greatly.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add level and global ranking to the song start screen below your top score

Add level and global ranking to the song start screen below your top score So you don’t need to click through several screens to see rankings before you start a song. Also show a congratulations if your rank improves

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Possibility to control guitar/bass/piano/uke volumes on backing tracks

Let's say I play a guitar song for the first time, having a guitar perfectly recorded playing that part in the mix is nice to have an idea of how I'm supposed to sound. but once I learned it, it would be great if I could control that guitar track volume with a slider, even mute it, so I can hear all the details of my playing in the mix.

These backing tracks with the guitar playing the same notes tend to mask mistakes that would be heard otherwise.

this feature could be implemented automatically to the instrument one is…

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. New function for perfectionist guitar players

A mode where the song automatically restarts if a single note is not hit. This mode will be tailored to the perfectionists who are aiming to get all gold stars for their songs. This function can be switched on or off.

I thought of this because I get annoyed with having to manually restart the song when I miss a note or make a mistake, and it gets REALLY annoying

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Piano - missed/wrong notes and timing display

It would be nice if you could track the keys actually pressed as - lets say - as an overlay. In this way it would easy to:
    * see timing problems
    * see whether I touched a neighbour key (i.e. when quickly changing chords I often touching a neighbour key - so another chord is detected although the neighbour tone I cant hear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Keyboard shortcuts! To move forward and backward, change the tempo, the notation, metronome, for everything ideally.

R for restart and P for perform/practice are appreciated. But please, more shortcuts! Left and right arrows to move forward and backward, up and down arrows for the tempo. N for notation. H for hand. F for play for me. M for metronome. S for mute song. Thanks!

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. A proposal for tweaking the strum pattern notation tp make it easier to read

I find the the strumming way strumming patterns are presented to be incredibly difficult for my brain to parse. I think the problem is two fold.

1. You can't easily see the misses in regular strum patterns, the one's where you hand is moving, but you do not strum.

2. The point of the array feels like I should be doing something. A fast up down that you let ring out for a long time will have a short little arrow followed by a super wide arrow. It looks like two totally different sorts of notes, even though the action…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Static Mode!!

I've noticed with learning how to play, sometimes I just have this yearning to see a song in static mode so I can play more at my own pace, kinda like looking at piece of music in its entirety. I find myself going into practice mode and pausing it, trying to master that little section and then trying to drag the little dot at the bottom to the next part. I want to look at it all at once!

I would love this so incredibly much.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Develoup Rich Presence for Discord!

Hey Yousician,

I have recently started practicing the guitar on my computer using Yousician. I works great! But It would be even greater if you developed rich presence for Discord.

Rich presence works by your friends being able to see your progress in Yousician while you have it open.

It’s not necessary, but a very cool feature; and many applications have already done it.

Best regards
    A happy Yousician User.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enharmonic correct spelling

Markthebassman
    Jul 10, 20:51 EEST

I enjoy Yousician (bass) very much en recommend it to my students. It would be even better if Yousician used enharmonic correct spelling. For instance a G minor triad is not spelled G A# D, but G Bb D.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 8string tunner

This app has 6-7-12 drop d- open tunnings...but not an 8 strings and support the loower notes...its a GREAT APP.
    Notice: "the turtle scaped" catch it quickly.
    THANX

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ABRSM exam pieces

Hi

As you have so many wonderful pieces, why not add pieces for prestigious exam bodies like ABRSM or Trinity. this can make Yousician App so much popular as thousand of kids giving exam will start using the app

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Starting position is incorrect

Whether a beginner or an aficionado, when determining the status of any new member, you might want to start where any piano teacher would start: C, as in center C with the right hand thumb on the key, not the left hand thumb. I only play classical music, and advanced technically at that. Never have I approached the piano without first finding my place at C with my right hand thumb, and then navigating to wherever the sheet music directs me. You immediately lost me all in that 1 'learning' session.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Synchronise two devices on same network

Would be great if you could synchronise two devices on same network so that you and a buddy could both play along different parts of the same track together. i.e. one plays melody and ones plays chords, or bass or uke/piano etc. Just needs a means to synch the start button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base