Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. Keep achievements ('stars') for each instrument separate. That would help be track how much I have improved at each instrument.

I like the daily goals feature.

1/ I would like to be able to track goals for each instrument separately.
    2/ I would like to be able to set my own goals. Initially this could just be to adjust the number of stars I would like to achieve each day. But would also like to be able to say that every day I must earn a perfect for a new song.
    3/ Finally the graphs that tracks progress is limited to a height of 60. I would be nice to be able to see exactly how many stars I earned…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Base lessons on number of midi keys available

If you are on the road a lot your travel midi controller normally has 25 or 37 keys. Would be great to be able to practice on the road based on the number of keys you have available :)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Non-Feedback Option

Hello! I love using Yousician with my students as a whole class, but the microphone sensors are sometimes overwhelmed with so many students. So, sometimes it will mark everything "red" when really it was quite accurate. So, students sometimes get really preoccupied with that and don't pay attention to their actual performance. It would be great if you could turn off that feedback option and just have the song progress without turning each chord block red or green. I know this was a default when you 'used up' your lesson time in the free version, but now I have premium…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show number missed notes in practice mode

It would be nice if we could see how many/which notes were missed in practice mode after the next loop begins.

It is quite common for me to not be sure if I missed a note or not, specially when I'm practicing a difficult section at faster tempos.

The app could show a text field with the "Number of misses in the last loop" or some kind of pop-up right after the end of each loop showing this info.

Showing problematic notes (notes that were missed last time around) would also be very useful. I think this is done very…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How about Funk music for bass

Its really fun to play funk on the bass but there is no lesson or song in funk style

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Display the song name while playing it

I use Yousician with pc-computer and on that version when playing the song i can't see the name of the current song.
    It would be nice if the song name is displayed in upper part on the screen when playing.
    Happens to me all the time when trainig for a long time the very same song, I do not even remember anymore what is the name of the song.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Anything in the works for pianists?

I am a guitar teacher and I get all of my students to download guitar Tuna so they can tune their guitar and also have a chord library at the ready, it is probably my favorite feature and it is very intuitive. I am learning to play piano myself as I produce in my spare time too. Is there any chance we'll be seeing a piano chord library similar to the one in guitar Tuna any time soon? It is a great feature and I'm sure other people learning music theory or piano would agree, learning all the chords is…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Set practice time for Mac/PC/Linux etc.

It would be nice if you could set the time you want to practice, so you stay consistent.

You could set a time for 7:00 A.M. and then set it to 7:00 P.M. or whenever, that way, you get twice as much practice in one day.

Also, maybe allow the time of the lessons to be flexible whenever is convenient for us.

For example: lessons are 30 mins, but maybe you don't have that much time that day, so you could change it to 5 min, 15, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please fix your app so that he can be used by people who are blind or visually impaired and need to use voiceover.

I am totally blind and I cannot use this program because it does not work with voiceover which is an app on the iPhone that speaks allowed items on the screen. I believe that a lot of blind people can actually benefit from a program like this. But we can't use it because it is in accessible.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. premium songs should have a count in

I really hate it when I go and play one of the user made songs and I usually get the first note wrong, becuase there is no count in. could you please make like an auto-count infor all user made songs

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Workouts section for the bass app

While playing in the workouts section in the guitar app, I thought it would be good if we had a similar section added to the bass app while we wait for the updated syllabus. Ofcourse offering exercises unique to the bass experience along with the universal exercises.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option for note displays

In the current Android version the classical piano path for training has two note modes, sheet and tab. In both cases, the notes are colored (in contrast to this article: https://yousician.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/208678605-Reading-Piano-Notes-Choose-View).

Regardless of the modes available, the 'middle c' color, an off-green, tends to blend in to the background and make it hard to see. It would be great if there was a way to have the notes still be colored to help with learning, but have some sort of black border to give it contrast.

Maybe this could be considered also as part of a mode for color-blind…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Musescore

Have musescore integration with Yousician
    Get sheetmusic from musescore and let you train your own song

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. i enjoy country music yet the artist i enjoy arent on your program

70's and 80s country music like merl haggard, George jones,waylon jennings , Conway twitty . you have some but not very much of that country music era

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "Repeat practice until perfect, then perform" setting.

Every new level I go to, I follow a pattern.
    First, I go to the practice.
    Then I set the speed to auto mode.
    Then I play until I'm confident I can play it perfectly, at at least 100% speed.
    Then I go back into "perform" mode and perform until I can get to gold level.

I'm not saying everyone should be that picky with their performances, but I've found progression is quite for a beginner like me so I can just as well get the practice while it's easy.
    What I'm saying is, there's a lot of clicking back…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. chords

It would be great if you could search a chord (or have a list of all chords) and then see how to play it.

For some reason having started out on Yousician I can only understand how to play new chords if I see it in your format.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Yousician Staff Music Tutors

Feature Request Idea

Yousician Staff Music Tutors

Yousician has been such an amazing tool for self-learning the basics of guitar. It keeps me engaged, motivated and is challenging enough to foster improvement, without becoming overwhelming. This is a balance that the YS team is maintaining brilliantly.

An added bonus has been the community that came along with the app! I had no idea how invaluable this group of people would become in my journey of learning to play guitar! Starting with the forums, to the Facebook Group to Discord chat and member videos. I'm delighted that all of us, all…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. More on reading notes (piano)

Well, at first: great app! I love it and I've subscribed :)

However, at the beginning of learning to play, the virtual teacher tells me step by step witch note his is. For example: you begin with the notes C,D and E and then follow with F and G.
    But then when you reach higher levels. She doesn't tells us anymore how to play this certain note and where it's written on the staffs... So it becomes very hard to keep playing along... So my request is: can she explain the other notes too like she did with the beginning…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow Partial Restarts in Trainers

The trainers, (i.e. "Stretching Out" under "Power Up Your Chords") have multiple parts to them in order to complete. However, when you restart the trainer, it takes you all the way to the beginning. There are parts that I play flawlessly, and I would imagine others do, too. Making us redo those parts instead of practicing the pieces that are difficult for us is a waste of time. Allowing us to restart an individual section in the trainer would make optimal use of our time and make us more efficient with the part we are actually struggling with.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base