Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. Reggae

I am a huge reggae listener and I would really like to learn to play all the different styles and rhythms that go along with this genre. You have 3 of the 4 standard instruments already on yousician (guitar, keys, and bass). Im sure others would like to learn the likes of bob marley, peter tosh, the wailers, burning spear, and the list goes on.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lesson on stopping notes

There should be a lesson on how you are supposed to stop a note cleanly. Level 4, picking up and down, Scarborough Fair, middle of section 1 we go from an open B to open G. Maybe it comes later but at this point I do not recall any lesson on how I am supposed to stop the B sounding as I play the G

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Automatic stop after playing the song with possibility to check mistakes

I Would really like to have the following kind of function in Yousician.
    The meaning of this application is that you can learn how to play. And the best way to learn is knowing where you make mistakes.

Now when playing the song and you make mistake, the mistake is marked red on the notes, but when you have finished the song the application automatically clean your mistakes on fretboard and start the song all over again, so you don't have change to analyze what went wrong.

One big help could be the Automatic stop with the end of the…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Few ideas

Hello,
    first I would like to say, that I love your app and I feel that I'm getting better thanks to it. But I have some ideas and suggestions what, in my opinion, could improve it.

1. There should be possibility to set counter before song starts, because some of them starts without empty measures in the beggining.

2. I have acustic guitar and i mostly wanted to learn how to play chords so i can play at the campfires :D But there is one annoying thing that app does to me. During lesson it tought me just chords E, Em, A,…
    2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Position primer for different songs on piano.

I have given up on yousician for the time being. The positions on piano show up AS you are supposed to be playing them. I need to see positions before I strike the notes. I'm going back to the old way of learning for now..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Would like to be able to change my daily goal setting.

I set me goal at 60 and it would good to be able to adjust this myself as I progress.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. practice mode speed rejiggering.

Messing with the slider is a bit of mess, honestly. I'd love to see just a +5%, -5%, +10% -10% sort of set up.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Piano 32 keys

It's very common in my country to carry or teach children with a 32 keys piano. Other times, you can play a 64 Keys one. In the app there is ONE piano and I don't know how to use the one I have each time. It would be fantastic some feature or help to make this easy.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add time statistics to daily goal

In the daily goal tab of the home screen, I can see the number of stars I was awarded for each day. Is there a way to get the amount of time I practiced for each day, too? I know there is the overall statistics mentioned above, but I'd really like daily statistics too.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Replay/Feedback

I love Yousician, it's really got me hooked on the guitar. However, one disadvantage it has over private guitar lessons is feedback. When I miss a note or chord while playing a song, many times I don't know why. Did I hit a different note? Did I not strum all the strings? Was it just completely off time? It would be nice if the software had a replay option that allowed me to replay slowly the song I just completed and stop on a chord I missed and have the computer tell me why it thought that chord didn't register.…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Find a local yousician

Whty don't you make a feature to look for people who use yousician in the area close to where someone is located? I'm a long-time bedroom player and this might be an incentive to go out and play with someone.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Better Calibration please.

I love the app but it's very frustrating playing a song PERFECTLY and somehow the odd note is missed, especially when its on a open string. Also the timing is off, Ive been playing in bands for over 10 years and somehow I have to play every note early, kind of kills the groove for me...
    Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. feature for learning music theory in greater for when you don't have an instrument with you when traveling

There are many times I am traveling and i don't have my guitar with me. I pull up yousician wishing I could do something to further my musicianship but I don't have my guitar with me. It would be helpful to have a feature maybe not on the homeboard but an icon to click on to learn music theory in depth. It could be used for all musicians not just guitar or piano for people who are signed up and want to work on yousician without their instrument.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fretlight LED Learning Guitar

Make it compatible with the Fretlight Wireless LED learning guitar! They have a free SDK. https://fretlight.com/pages/get-the-fretlight-sdk They already work with the Guitar Pro app so it would be cool if you guys did too!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Android app using mouse click

As android TV box is more common this day, it will be good if the application also support mouse click.

Currently only some buttons can be click by a mouse, the rest cannot, must use touching.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add Note Duration as an Optional Metric in Guitar

In addition to timing, note duration should be at least an optional setting that users can turn on that adds/subtracts from score on levels/songs.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Piano tuna

I am a huge fan of guitar Tuna, I use it to tune my electric guitar, acoustic guitar and my bass guitar. I am massively impressed by the easy to navigate user interface and all of its features, especially the chord library. I have learned several new chord variations that I didn't know before. This is a musicians and a producers best friend. I emplore yousitian to consider doing exactly this for the piano because there are just as many piano players out there as there are guitar players. As a producer, this is my new favorite app and I…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A yousician book to accompany the app

I have found the yousician app very useful when teaching my guitar students. However it would be nice to have a book that accompanies the app when teaching. This book could follow the same order as the yousician syllabus, elaborating on the teachings contained in each video. Its nice to have something physical to refer to, write teaching notes or practice suggestions on.

Thanks

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base