Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. Features to help memorize song

I think the following features can help us memorize songs a lot better (a sorely needed feature and THE BIGGEST problem with this sort of interactive training):
    1. Automatically repeat the segment when user makes an error.
    2. A memorize mode that doesn’t have the backing track and hides the notes. The notes should only appear when you play them correctly. Once you make repeated mistake the program can show visual hints, or simply allow the user to view the notes in advance.
    3. Display the music as a guitar tab instead.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Vertical Standard Notation

The Standard Notation is displayed in a horizontal manner, which makes it difficult for us to read it as the notes quickly disappear. This prevents us from reading the traditional form of music. The notation should appear in a vertical manner, like in the books. This will be much better.
    Please vote to make a change.
    Happy Practising!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Block phone notifications while playing

I would like an option to block my phone notifications while playing, like whatsapp and other applications. It's really annoying when these notifications pop up on top of the tabs, so I can't see the tabs anymore and I need both hands to play.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Chord progression in guitar tuna

One improvement for guitartuna, though, would be in the games section. The game where you have to play the different tabs (e, C, D, G etc) is rather tedious as you always have to wait for the next tab to appear. How about a heads up about which tab is next? Imho that would improve fluency as you could play your chord and then move to the next one without hesitation.
    When playing songs you would always know the next chord.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Lets say that I have Yusician Edu subscription.

I teach music.
    I could be nice, if my students would able to have the Yusician premium account for free.
    This way students will not be charged.
    Furthermore my students will not have limitations using Yusician.
    Only the teacher could pay.
    For example, on Noteflight Learn,
    Noteflight Learn is sold as an annual subscription.
    The price is $69 for 10 users, and each additional user is only $2.
    Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Delete bad songs

Suggestion/request.
    Please remove the 'detect bass notes' function - it doesn't work.
    Please clear out the library. over 50% of the user produced tracks on there are useless, mainly because of the detect notes function. Also users have uploaded tracks that aren't synced.
    At least have a button to recommend that admin remove a bad track when it is found by a user.
    The library is currently very frustrating as most of the tracks are duds.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show accuracy on various notes and chords

I see that you track the number of notes / chords that a user has performed. It would be nice to show a breakdown by each chord and the number of times that the chord is hit or missed (perhaps even show timing information). I am not sure if you actually track this on the backend, as I imagine this is a lot of data (IE every note/chord that every user attempted, and whether they missed it, perfected it, late, early, etc).

I think there's a lot more detailed information that you should be collecting and reporting to paid users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. How can I practice my own set of chords?

I would like to set my own chords and Start practicing. Is that possible?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Display how well it is recognising notes within a chord

I find that some chords, for example D have to be played in a certain (sometimes unnatural) way otherwise it sometimes fails to recognise them.

When it marks a chord as 'failed' it doesn't tell which notes it failed to detect, therefore you don't know which strings you need to play harder.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add the Nashville Number System

Add the Nashville Number Syatem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Speed slider a little small

Could there be a number field as well as the slider that would pop up the number keypad? The slider is a little small to manouver on a mobile phone.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please make it possible to inspect failed notes

I'm sorry if I have missed this feature somehow, but it seems to me that when I pause in training mode to go scroll back it instantly swipes out the information what went well what did not. I find that I often develop "shortcuts" unintentionally when the speed is increased, and I would like to identify these shortfalls. Now there's just some red there somewhere, and when I try to see what was it it's gone.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bring back the volume control on iOS

The volume control has been removed from iOS, that make it impossible to adjust the volume of Yousician relative to amp simulators like AmpliTube, as even with the simulator volume up full Yousician drowns it out

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. If I hate the song I won't practice

Hi Yousician, I really loved your program and learned a lot until I hit "Sitting on a Park Bench" at level 7. I have been stuck here for weeks. I dislike the song intensely and find it very hard to practice. I have tried every tip for making sure the program recognizes the notes and chords. But I am ready to quit your program for good over it. Why don't you have an option to change to a song I might like and enjoy practicing or even be able to choose a genre stream so I can play music I…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. customised leaderboards level

Please add a filter to leaderboards (similar to song search level filter).

It may be extra leaderboard list or modified MY LEVEL leaderboard. I would like to be able to compare my scores to the level of my choice rather (mainly lvl 7 or 8 or 9) than my current level.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add positive notifications - not just look at everyone who is playing better than you

Right now the notifications are mainly: Look at all the people that have played a song better then you have! Lets add more positive notifications - like "20 new people have played a song and you're still ranked above 500 other people." Or "You have collected 200 stars this week - good job!" Or "Just 1 more hour this week to hit your goal of practicing 5 hours per week - keep it up!"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More Developmentally Appropriate Material

Dear Yousician,

I really love your app, it is helping me immensely towards my goal of learning to confidently play fast lead guitar material. More than anything, I think your program rocks because it teaches people how to practice by slowing down speeds, ramping them up gradually, while continuously praising work and progress. Moreover the songs are genuinely good and fun to play, no matter what your level. Bravo.

I am concerned that guitar players who do not have any other musical background do not have enough material to develop appropriately between levels 1 and 10. For instance, "Fingerpicking Technique,"…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Reggae

I am a huge reggae listener and I would really like to learn to play all the different styles and rhythms that go along with this genre. You have 3 of the 4 standard instruments already on yousician (guitar, keys, and bass). Im sure others would like to learn the likes of bob marley, peter tosh, the wailers, burning spear, and the list goes on.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Lesson on stopping notes

There should be a lesson on how you are supposed to stop a note cleanly. Level 4, picking up and down, Scarborough Fair, middle of section 1 we go from an open B to open G. Maybe it comes later but at this point I do not recall any lesson on how I am supposed to stop the B sounding as I play the G

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base