Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. count in on section practice

I think it would be helpful.. if when you practice only a small section.. you could toggle on, a count in.. it would make It easier to break things up in phrases.. that didn't start really abruptly...

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Practice mode with no tempo

The hardest thing in learnung is changing chords/notes correctly. I find that I want to practice with the songs and not worry about tempo at first just changing between the notes correctly. In practice it is either too slow or too fast to do that properly. And in on song i mightfind for instance changing from E to Em so easy but Em to C hard and.if I could just play the not when I am ready and have yousician check if I am correct and not panic about also having to be in time initially or waiting forever because…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Training path to Classic pieces

I love Yousician, because it is a lot of fun to play.
    However, one comment I have is that it does not teach you a specific classic piece (piano or guitar) that you can later on play (also without the app).
    It would be great to have a training path to some of the classics (for example Moonlight Sonata, Bach prelude in C, etc.), with specific exercises for some of the more difficult parts.
    As a result after completing an exercises you could actually perform the piece without the help of tablet/phone to show you friends and family.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. sweep picking and tapping

give the metalheads what they want

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Guitar tuning on other scales

It's the best app that is available! I was just hoping if you could provide the tuning for other scales as well! Like Open C, Drop D, etc. It's just a suggestion! You people are amazing just,by the way!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Disable certain features

I wanted to know if there is a way to turn off the "Is your guitar in tune?" alert. I've looked in the settings and could not find a way to disable this notification. I looked in my iPad's settings and could not find anything either. Also, the commentary at the end of the practice session to "Let's try it again..." I would also like to disable that portion as well. I'm a beginner and find these constant reminders of that are decreasing my desire to use your application. Overall I'm enjoying your product and for $120.00 a year I…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow an "on/off" switch for the "video game" style incidental music.

I have a hard time taking myself seriously, especially when playing where others can here, when I hear the incidental "video game" type sounds in between tracks. I've looked for an "on/off" switch in controls but don't see that option. I would like to have the option to turn them off and leave the track volume where it is at.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Reverse arrows for strumming directions (e.g. for left-handed)

It would be nice if it would be possible to change the arrows of the strumming direction. Arrow shows up, but I have to do a down-strum. This is a bit weird to me. I play my uke on the wrong side with reversed string, so it is a bit complicated for me.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. song wishlist

The song list isn't really great right now. Just got premium and i have to say that I'm kind of disappointed.
    It would be nice to have a wishlist tab where people can post and vote for song names. And you add some "professional" songs from time to time. So the people which voted for the song would be happy and the others would also profit from it.

I know we can add gp files ourselves, but when paying 20$ a month I would expect not to do this on my own. And when reviewing what garbage some is published…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New challenge mode

Being have to play a song the same exact time with another user and seeing who did better would be an awsome live online mode

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. release yousician for earlier android versions

My tablet won't download the game because my android version is 4.2 jellybean and you need 4.4 and I really like this app

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Scrolling through song by swiping on the main notation area

I use mobile version, and during early stages of learning a song, I will scroll through the song using the white circle on the bottom bar. This is difficult due the fact that a small movement of the finger can cause you to lose your place in the song. It would be good to be able to move along the main tab area by swiping over that tab area itself.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Escape key to go back instead of quitting the application

Use Escape key to go back instead of quitting the application (at least on Windows)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Setting to Show Scale Numbers (Roman Numberals) Instead of Note Letter

In order to remember how to play what I learn on guitar I use the scale numbers, whether it's the chord progression, e.g. a standard 12 bar blues is 1-4-1-5-4-1, or Sympathy for the Devil is a 1,7,4,1, and the melody to "When the Saints go Marching In" is 1,2,3,4; 1,2,3,4; 1,2,3,4,3,1,3,2;.... So it's easy to do in any key, and just not forget in general, I've remembered these for years and I've forgotten more than I'll ever know. I make a lot less mistakes than relying on muscle memory now that I study scale numbers, so the usefulness is…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Modern Staff Notation for Yousician Guitar on iOS

I would like the ability to view modern staff notation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_notation#Modern_staff_notation) for the Guitar on iOS.

I've seen a couple of other suggestions, that seem to have been similar to this one, but I wanted to be very clear about this specific request.

I want to be able to see notation in the app that is essentially identical to the notation that I enter into GuitarPro. Others have requested hybrid views that show which finger and other enhancements such as color and ways of dealing with the UI when different note lengths are played (quarter note, half note,…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add more songs to low levels

when you reach certain levels its hard to play new songs, it would make more sense to have more songs on lower levels as optional.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add custom favorite lists

At the moment there is only one list where we can add favorite songs. Please add the ability to create multiple lists by the user (e.g. "to learn", "romantic", etc...). And make it easier to add songs to a (custom) list. Should be accessible/addable also on overview level.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Move the pause menu to the right to stop it covering the most important part of the score

When paused, the menu pops up at the left! This is usually over the top of the exact part of the score that you're struggling with and paused it in the first place! Very frustrating as you cannot study the score without dragging the slider which is very difficult on large scores!
    Have the pop up pause menu at the right hand side; since most people are right handed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Missing skill build-up lesson chain

The lessons are too easy to pass, and also they are pretty uncomplicated compared to the skill tests, which suddenly require a sudden change in speed in reading and changing chords, that can not be acquired with doing the lessons, since those are usually of low speed. This easily builds up an illusion of progress in the user, which turns into acrid disappointment and frustration when missing the skill test due to inadequate skills, but all-golds in the lessons. There should be a better balance.

My suggestion would be a larger number of lessons in between levels, which first introduce…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base