Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. Contact other accounts

Voice chat for bandmates to find each other

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Piano Sustain Pedal Support

Yousician Piano currently lacks any mention of the sustain pedal, which is important for making songs sound good. At some intermediate point in the piano learning tracks I'd like to see an instructional lesson on how to use the pedal, and at least for MIDI devices some feedback on whether it's being used correctly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Banjo 5-String: Open A

aEAC#E tuning is commonly used when accompanying a fiddler. Also used for a A-scaled banjos. Cheers!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Better Explanation of Exercises

Instead of just launching into an exercise it would be better to inform the user of what the purpose of the exercise is. Adults need to know why they are doing an activity and what they are supposed to get out of it. Explaining what will be done and the outcome will enhance the learning experience whereas throwing someone into the pool (playing without knowing why) can be extremely frustrating.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Vingers as numbers instead of colors

My index finger is finger 1, my middle finger is finger 2, etc. I can't get the colours in my head. When I see a pink bar with a 3 in it, I'm playing a note with my ring finger. And when I suddenly see a blue 5 appear, then it all breaks down since I don't have a 5th finger.
    I'm now stuck on the "four fingers" part in Level 3 because this notation does not work for me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please make separate subscriptions for every instrument as well as combine subscription for those who want all instruments.

I just want to learn Guitar and I'm a student too. But the subscription is really very high cost. Students like me who want to learn only single instrument cannot afford it. Please take some innitial steps.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add an auto-play feature

Add a feature where you can listen to the song you are about to play played correctly by a robot. It can be very hard to keep up with the white ball, especially during fasts songs. It would be way easier to play to melody by hearing and repeating than to look at the ball all the time.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a ‘more from this artist’ button so we can easily play other songs from the same artist

Make it more easy to find songs we enjoy by being able to link to other songs from a band we are currently working on/ looking at in search results or song page.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Online band creation!

My idea is make able to create a band! With the feature you can play togeather at the same time on twoo or more devices the same song on different instruments. Lets creat a band eith yousician members. Challange your friend function. Random band option. You can find and invite yousician members to your band.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. High score for unique performance, not cumulative performances

Currently, the high score is based on cumulative performances - in theory, this could be from a combination of lots of 'low scoring' performances over a period of time (though not low enough to 'fail' a given song/scale/etc). Would it be better if the high score was based on the users' best unique performance?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Larger fret number size

I have trouble reading the fret numbers in tab when playing without leaning in really close to the phone. Can you make the fret numbers bigger?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide chords with melodies

Provide an option to show chords above the music for songs that are teaching melody. This would allow one person to play the melody while a second person plays the chords. I did find at least one guitar song “Seasons of Love” on level 6 of guitar that does show the chord notation over the melody that is being taught.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improved playlist management

Would love options to move songs between playlist in bulk. Pretty cumbersome to do one at a time. I tend to have a playlist of songs I am working on in various states like almost there, really hard etc. Once completed I like to move the ones I like to other groups for general practice. One at a time takes ages, I get it is designed fro ma tablet perspective but on a laptop or in browser via account would be way more usable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Develop an option to stop the song when wrong note was played

This feature is currently available on the first songs only so it doesn't get too overwhelming for new players. But it is currently not possible to enable the feature on all songs.

But this would be great especially for the small ones. My 4yo loves yousician but he get's too confused when the song doesn't stop.

Please enable this feature for the children, they need it and LOVE IT!

Thanks

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Midi guitar support

Simply don't hide midi option in guitar mode. Should be easy probably? Or at least give us an option to enable it :) Connecting ipad to pc or routing vst's around just to get sound to yusician is so backwards. Thank you!
    Or, well, maybe user is following a guitar cource with a midi keyboard, why hide midi option anyway?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Major and Minor Scale Singing Exercises

In Yousician Voice under Learn -> Singing Scales, there are a variety of exercises for singing scales and most of the modes. Remarkably, the most commonly used scales are missing: Major, Natural Minor, Harmonic Minor and Melodic Minor. There are exercises for singing the first few notes, but not the whole scales. Notably there are exercises for singing all 8 notes of most of the modes (except for Aeolian); but not the scales. Please add them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Prevent Windows screen saver from activating

Prevent Windows screen saver from activating.

If you are trying to level up in Practice Mode and don't touch the keyboard/mouse your screen saver can activate.

Either prevent the screen saver from triggering or at least pause the program if the screen saver kicks on!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Give us a way to back out of chord trainer.

Why is there no way to stop the chord trainer once it starts? I hate sitting there waiting for it when I’ve already screwed it up and want to restart. Also, give us time to get our damn hands back on the fretboard. How am I supposed to start the trainer and play IMMEDIATELY?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Blind accessible for app

I am Legally Blind and I would like to be able to learn with this app. I use Voiceover (a screen reader for iOS) and TalkBack (screen reader for Android) and I would like a way to integrate its use into the app.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base