Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. Instrument suggestion feature

Feature that suggest an model of instrument based on your level telling you what instrument is good for people of your level on Yousician

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding piano dynamics

Adding dynamics so the program judges where you are playing crescendo, p, pp, mp, mf, f, and so on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Black notes labeled

I want traditional notes but have them labeled to know which ones they are so I can learn regular notes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Custom tablatures

Hi all,

I would like to know what you think about having the possibility of creating our own tablatures and have the App display them so we can play custom musics?

The idea behind this would be to allow children that don't have enough practice, to have the possibility of having custom songs easy enough for them to practice guitar and maybe later move on to the App program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A whole new world

Movie: Aladdin

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make it easy to understand timing/notes mistakes

It is not easy to know why you did not get a note correctly. Since there can be 3 options (too early, too late, wrong note) can the app be changes so misses have different color according to the type of miss? This can also be applied while playing. Instead of writing too early/late just show it by color (or text with the corresponding color) so the reason will be clearer and learning faster.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Different Instruments on Different Platforms

I use Yousician on multiple platforms (Mac/PC/iOS). Each one is set up for a particular instrument. When I change instrument on one platform, the others change too. I'd like the instrument selection to be saved on each platform so that I don't have to keep switching when I change platforms.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make better search system

Don't get me wrong, it's already good and improving more and more since the 3 years I've using the app but it could be nice:

• Have an alphabetic list of all songs in the app.

• Being able to make a search by what we wanna practice (Ex: "fingerpicking" or "Rhythm and lead", etc)

I think the more specific we can search through the app the more we can enjoy and take advantage of the premium version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. No one is streaming Yousician on Twitch

I could be streaming 6 hours a day since a do not have a job, I'm a help desk operator, I was born in Costa Rica Living in Poland, I'm a very beginner guitar player so people could see my progress in real time. I could cover two languages English/Spanish this is a win-win.
    I would like to talk with a person in charge of this area of business.
    Thanks in advance,

Gerardo Gomez

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hide chord chart option in trainer

The chord trainer is okay, but it doesn't help me remember the chords enough since the entire chart is staring me in the face as I play them. I want to make sure that I actually know the chords without the chart there. Hiding the chart would be good once I've been able to get through them with the chart. It could reveal the chart if I'm struggling with a certain chord after a few seconds.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. big/ small handed style of playing the triditional style may not work for said people.

it appears there is only one style of learning which I assume is the traditional style. but the issue i am having is I have huge hands or "man hands" looking up a few videos on youtube that can be an advantage when playing chords (which trying to learn the traditional style is a nightmare) so why not create a style tailored to people with huge hands? maybe one for people with smaller hands too espically for the electric.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show Previous Playthrough

Hi. The graphic that shows missed notes at the bottom of the screen disappears when you move on to a new song. It would be great if we called up a song in a Practice mode it was already populated with the previous playthrough graphics, so we could go straight to practicing problem bits.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Lesson should be free and developer should got paid by ads

Hi, I opened app and in 10 mins all tutorials got closed and asked for premium subscription. Well if company can show ads and earn revenue from that, than why not on basis of that ads we got lesson to go further in app. I know 600/month is not that much to pay to learn something which is very critical to learn , but if someone can't afford that also than please from them put some paid ads, so that we can watch and go further to learn instruments. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Cord Shapes on Strings

When the ball is rolling to a initial Cords first three strums indicating frets shape for a C it would be helpful to show the notes on the strings as to assist in memorization of the shape. That is just include yousician shape guide that already exists at the top of the screen and lay it over the rolling fret string guides first three strums only.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Tailor lessons to a user's tastes

I'm an older man and really dislike some of the modern rock. I prefer classic rock, folk, jazz, and so on. It would be really nice to have lessons tailored to my tastes.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Give the ability within a lesson to exclude a song the user really does not like or want to play

I have one song that keeps coming up that I really dislike. It's not at all in the style I want to play and I have no interest in it. I'd like the ability to exclude it and substitute something equally challenging.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable pausing until the correct note is played in practice mode of every song.

I'm trying to use Yousician to teach my 5 year old piano, but the only song he can play is the "tutorial" where the music stops until he plays the correct note. As soon as he gets to the first real song, he can't keep up. It would be very helpful to have the option to use this feature for every song in practice mode so he had more time to learn.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Speed up or skip scales at start of each mission

The scales at the start of each mission are extremely slow and tedious and the difficulty level is not consistent with the rest of the lessons in hte later missions. Eg, level 5 or 6 on, the scales lesson at the start of the mission is written out like it's the first thing you've ever tried to play on the piano. Would be great if there was an option to just test on the full scale right away or to skip the scales lesson.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. unlock all prior missions once skills test is passed

Unlock prior content once skills test is passed. Right now if you pass a skills test, it unlocks the next level but all of the prior locked levels stay locked. However, it would make more sense that everything prior gets unlocked.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to filter songs by star achievement

ie - level 1 pop songs that I’ve scored 2 stars, or level 3 songs that have zero stars

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base