Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. Bring back intro to piano

Originally, Yousician Piano had an introduction where it taught a person the playing position, etc. It is no longer there. This is very helpful for those who do not have any background playing the piano. And if people forget the playing position, they can always watch the video again.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When Using MIDI, Show a Timing Comparison of each Key Press.

When using Yousican with MIDI, you should record the exact key presses (Note on/off) for the whole song and provide an analysis of the key presses. This could be a valuable insight where you can see if your timing is correct, and where you have to improve your timing.

This analysis should show the song in the piano roll view. The correct notes shown grey and the actually pressed notes from green to yellow, depending how much the timing is different from the correct note.

The pressed notes should also shown at the exact position where they were pressed. So…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Endless jam practice music

Tell us what scale to use
    Run an endless loop
    Pick from different genres
    Let us just practice a long solo
    Give more points for playing correct notes on the scale

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Options to change background graphics..

Considering the hours and hours a person will spend reading the tab and practicing along... I've always thought the colorful and fun graphics of GuitarBots.. was a really good idea.. in Yousician aside from the tab, we only get to look at the transparent floating ribbons and bubbles... on an overwhelmingly green field... I don't think we necessarily need the bots playing in the background,. but there should be some options to change up the background to make it more fun or interesting... I think it would be cool.. if we could choose a folder of pics to run as…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include tuition on fingerstyle, hybrid picking, alternate chord fingering. Particularly fingerstyle would be great.

I think a new section within Yousician (in both rhythm and lead) for fingerstyle or integration of tuition on how to use fingerstyle for songs that already exist would be great. An addition of hybrid picking, alternate chord fingerings, and other advanced techniques would also be welcome.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a summary page for learnt basics

Add printable page accessible from the main screen with a summary of everything we learnt. Chords, finger position, string name, power chords... It avoids us to go back in every lessons when we are looking for a specific chord.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The "good," "great" and "perfect" notations that appear in exercises

The "good," "great" and "perfect" notations that appear on the scrolling tab when you hit notes during exercises should be differentiated by contrasting colors or size or something that makes them easy to see in peripheral vision. This would help to see where I'm coming in early or late and would help identify where I'm losing points in my scores.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Strumming intensity/volume should actually be recognized

Exercises that test changes in strumming/picking intensity are not responsive to the actual changes in volume. You get a pass whether you play softly or loudly, as long as you hit the notes correctly.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. find a way to indicate or demonstrate complex rhythms

"Hammer of Thor," great exercise, but the graphical limitations of the moving tab make it hard to know what complex rhythm is represented. It wasn't until I listened to the track that I understood you were looking for a mix of eights and quarter-note triplets. How about a demo recording with the desired melody only without the background accompaniment. I know there's pedagogical reasons not to supply a demo recording, but there's no other way to indicate the presence of complex rhythms in the current setup.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Overall Global Ranking

I'd love to see some kind of overall world ranking system. It would be unfair if it was ranked by every Weekly Challenge result since the beginning of Yousician as new players would have a disadvantage they could never overcome against long time players. So, maybe take an average of scores over the past month. Or maybe, that average plus Mission rankings average.

Competition is a big part of the attraction to Yousician and what keeps me coming back to play. Having a world ranking sysem that ranks you on your scores across multiple songs vs. individual ones would definitely…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. add a timer before you resume

add a timer (e.g 3 secs) before you resume so that you can get ready to continue and not miss a note. at the moment if you pause in the middle of the song and then resume, you always missed the next beat cos it starts intermediately.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Set up a weekly training session

In addition to weekly challenges. A session of chosen length (15, 30, 45 min) where we practice all the skills learnt so far. The player would lose points when skipping the weekly session.

"What do you want to practice for today's session?
    - chord shapes
    - scales
    - songs
    - strumming
    - ..."

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. What about to add maximum score for each song.

What about to add platinum star if you reach maximum score for song?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Standard tab

I would like the option to display standard tab instead of the coloured animated bouncy ball graphics. I find it all a bit off putting, and you're unable to see far enough ahead to prepare your left hand position for what's coming up. I also find the colour coding difficult to remember so have to keep checking the picture then bugger up the playing

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Transpose tabs

I play a lot of alternate tuned metal songs, but often can't be bothered to drop my tuning. Could you add a feature to transpose songs to different tunings, or, simply allow to change the tuning/key of a tab to a different one, while keeping the same fingerings?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Music Maker

Develop your own song on Yousician to play to.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. i wish that you could add some practise exercises to improve finger working on the strings

I have been to some guitar classes and they have always told me to do the exercise on guitar. it had helped a lot while changing notes or chords

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Endless single note mode

I'd like to see a mode where you basically need to pick a single note only, but you could select the pace just like with metronome. I'd like to make some stamina/rythm exercises simply by selecting a note and picking it up and down for few minutes in a row in constant speed, and see the feedback on timing.
    There's couple other things too like this, basically what you see here:
    http://www.guitarworld.com/node/18629

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. User match area where users can jam and help each other

Have it so that users can be matched with other uses of similar skill set to help each other jam via video conferencing

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow acquiring lesson packs/tracks vs subscription model

A lot of people object to the subscription model, since it creates this sense of impending loss (time ticking), whereas unlocking lessons packs or even tracks might be more pallatable as a one-off investment that will give me all the time I may need to go through it.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 27 28 29 31 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base