Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. Midi guitar support

Simply don't hide midi option in guitar mode. Should be easy probably? Or at least give us an option to enable it :) Connecting ipad to pc or routing vst's around just to get sound to yusician is so backwards. Thank you!
    Or, well, maybe user is following a guitar cource with a midi keyboard, why hide midi option anyway?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Major and Minor Scale Singing Exercises

In Yousician Voice under Learn -> Singing Scales, there are a variety of exercises for singing scales and most of the modes. Remarkably, the most commonly used scales are missing: Major, Natural Minor, Harmonic Minor and Melodic Minor. There are exercises for singing the first few notes, but not the whole scales. Notably there are exercises for singing all 8 notes of most of the modes (except for Aeolian); but not the scales. Please add them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Prevent Windows screen saver from activating

Prevent Windows screen saver from activating.

If you are trying to level up in Practice Mode and don't touch the keyboard/mouse your screen saver can activate.

Either prevent the screen saver from triggering or at least pause the program if the screen saver kicks on!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Give us a way to back out of chord trainer.

Why is there no way to stop the chord trainer once it starts? I hate sitting there waiting for it when I’ve already screwed it up and want to restart. Also, give us time to get our damn hands back on the fretboard. How am I supposed to start the trainer and play IMMEDIATELY?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Excelent app, but.......premium + for favourites songs if you want just 1 instrument????

Excelent app, but....Favourites songs just with "Premium +"???? ..........I find total expensive,
    I was total decided to be premium but I just want to play the bass, not others, and if I have to pay the Premium + for the favourites songs when I just want to play the bass......I find that's not good point, and I've seen in several forums yousician has lost lot of customers for that.

If I find a way or any discount I could think about being premium, but not this price.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Blind accessible for app

I am Legally Blind and I would like to be able to learn with this app. I use Voiceover (a screen reader for iOS) and TalkBack (screen reader for Android) and I would like a way to integrate its use into the app.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make loop station feature

Loop station feature can be very useful for people like me who love to make or cover songs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Listening to tracks

Hi, Is there a way of listening to tracks before attempting to play or sing along with them? It is really frustrating to try to learn something you've never heard before so can't predict how it should sound. I use Ukulele and vocal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add + and - buttons to set the tempo on Practice Mode

My suggestion was based on the comments for the suggestion "In song practice mode, widen the speed adjustment bar" by Mike, which is avaliable here: https://yousician.uservoice.com/forums/296820-feature-requests/suggestions/33009514-in-song-practice-mode-widen-the-speed-adjustment

The + (plus) and - (minus) buttons should be added to Yousician. These buttons should be "hold it" buttons, what means that these buttons should be buttons where you just have to hold to increase or decrease the tempo faster, instead of tapping them 50 times to reduce the tempo from 100% to 50%, for example. With the actual bar, you take too much time to set the tempo to 82%, for example. Also,…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add option to never practice a song

Doing piano practice, and while I've never 100% perfected Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (single hand), I never want to play it again, and skipping eats up "practice time"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a ‘more from this artist’ button so we can easily play other songs from the same artist

Make it more easy to find songs we enjoy by being able to link to other songs from a band we are currently working on/ looking at in search results or song page.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please make separate subscriptions for every instrument as well as combine subscription for those who want all instruments.

I just want to learn Guitar and I'm a student too. But the subscription is really very high cost. Students like me who want to learn only single instrument cannot afford it. Please take some innitial steps.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add an auto-play feature

Add a feature where you can listen to the song you are about to play played correctly by a robot. It can be very hard to keep up with the white ball, especially during fasts songs. It would be way easier to play to melody by hearing and repeating than to look at the ball all the time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Tagging and searching for songs based on skills that are practiced

If you are practising in a structured way you will want to focus on specific skills like bends, legato, speed, scales and so on.. Tagging songs (inlcluding Premium+ song) with what skills they require AND making them searchable on these tags would be a great benefit.

In this way I could find only songs for practising hammer ons/pull offs and combine that with the appropriate level of difficulty for my level of playing. This ccould possibly enhance the value of Yousician as a practice tool greatly.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add level and global ranking to the song start screen below your top score

Add level and global ranking to the song start screen below your top score So you don’t need to click through several screens to see rankings before you start a song. Also show a congratulations if your rank improves

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Piano Sustain Pedal Support

Yousician Piano currently lacks any mention of the sustain pedal, which is important for making songs sound good. At some intermediate point in the piano learning tracks I'd like to see an instructional lesson on how to use the pedal, and at least for MIDI devices some feedback on whether it's being used correctly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Piano - missed/wrong notes and timing display

It would be nice if you could track the keys actually pressed as - lets say - as an overlay. In this way it would easy to:
    * see timing problems
    * see whether I touched a neighbour key (i.e. when quickly changing chords I often touching a neighbour key - so another chord is detected although the neighbour tone I cant hear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Possibility to control guitar/bass/piano/uke volumes on backing tracks

Let's say I play a guitar song for the first time, having a guitar perfectly recorded playing that part in the mix is nice to have an idea of how I'm supposed to sound. but once I learned it, it would be great if I could control that guitar track volume with a slider, even mute it, so I can hear all the details of my playing in the mix.

These backing tracks with the guitar playing the same notes tend to mask mistakes that would be heard otherwise.

this feature could be implemented automatically to the instrument one is…

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A proposal for tweaking the strum pattern notation tp make it easier to read

I find the the strumming way strumming patterns are presented to be incredibly difficult for my brain to parse. I think the problem is two fold.

1. You can't easily see the misses in regular strum patterns, the one's where you hand is moving, but you do not strum.

2. The point of the array feels like I should be doing something. A fast up down that you let ring out for a long time will have a short little arrow followed by a super wide arrow. It looks like two totally different sorts of notes, even though the action…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base