Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. Please reposition "yousician has trouble hearing your guitar dialog"

When entering practice mode, I stumble every single time over the same inconvinience. Yousician starts playing the song once entering the practice mode immediately. However, my first activity in many cases is adjusting the speed (therefore I am in practice mode). However, as soon as the first notes are coming up (and I am not playing since I want to adjust the speed), the "trouble" dialog immediately appears and... it shadows the speed adjustment button.

I KNOW that you cannot hear me, since I am not playing because I want to adjust the speed. Stopping the song does not make…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. strumming patterns

I would like to see new strumming patterns incorporated in the lessons. reggae strum, chuck, etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improved stats

I'd like to see more improved stats i.e.:
    Score per section
    Replay of what notes you missed
    Stats on whether you tend to play notes early or late etc.
    Strings missed when playing chords

Just so you can analyse your playing more and really focus on improving. New songs is fine, but improved teaching should be the focus.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add a pre-calibration system

Previously, before the song starts, Yousician showed the calibtation screen, where they say that the user should press the coloured keys with the respective finger. But now, that doesn't happens. If Yousician made the pre-calibration system back, this could help users (especially beginners) to posicionate the fingers correctly and it will help them to get ready to the song.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Activity Report - New stars

Right now you get your time and stars earned. But stars earned does not say much. I'd like to see new stars I've earned, gold and silver, that I didn't have the week before. Because I think this shows actual progress. It shows you now play songs better than the week before. I think it would be great to show and a great and easy indicator of learning to play.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Thumb picking differently and independent practice

You could mark the thumb part differently, with the same colors, but in a darker shade for example, to make it more understandable, how to play the song.
    And also it would be really goood, if there would be an option to practice the thumb and the other finger part independently, like left/right hand at piano lessons

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. bring the Calibration for piano back

pls bring the calibrationscreen back for people wo play the song for the secound time or after a long time is very important

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please support Vox Amplug for bass.

Please support Vox Amplug for bass. I can hear Yousician, but it can’t hear me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. View only songs I have never completed before

Similar to the "collect missing stars" or the "go for gold" views, have one for songs I have never completed or attempted

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Note Chaser as its own path Note CATCHER!

Hi! Just a quick idea : Note chaser is such a great exercise! It would be a cool feature to have it on its own so you could just run it like a game going through different scales with no other exercises. Thanks for such a great product!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Standard notation to Yousician Voice

Yousician Voice is awesome for learning to sing, but the custom way it displays notes isn’t ideal for learning to sight-sing from standard sheet music. Could you please add a Standard Notation option, like the other instruments have?

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Listening to tracks

Hi, Is there a way of listening to tracks before attempting to play or sing along with them? It is really frustrating to try to learn something you've never heard before so can't predict how it should sound. I use Ukulele and vocal

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have a list of Premium songs.

Unless you specifically know the Premium songs you wish to play there is no search function to list all available. Having this feature would help save time searching for songs/artists that aren't currently available.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Account preference for notation

I would like to have an account preference for switching notation. As in, i would like the ability to always have a particular notation set when i start a new song. I have seen previous post on this particular issue and they haven't got the votes but i feel its important. I am probably going to stop using the app until this feature is added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. night mode

I like to play before bedtime, but I don't love the light-colored backdrop right before bed. You should have a night-mode option for late night playing with dark colored backdrop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. GuitarTuna App: Fretboard Memorization Games

I would suggest adding games which teach people to memorize the individual notes on the fret board.

While existing games are great for learning some new chord shapes, these overlook the fundamentals of knowing which notes are incorporated in which chords.

I think that having individual games for each string of the instrument, or different games for different tunings as well, would be a great addition.

What I imagine is that, for a guitar in standard tuning, game 1 could offer up a fret number on the 6th string, and then the user selects the correct note name. At first…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Excelent app, but.......premium + for favourites songs if you want just 1 instrument????

Excelent app, but....Favourites songs just with "Premium +"???? ..........I find total expensive,
    I was total decided to be premium but I just want to play the bass, not others, and if I have to pay the Premium + for the favourites songs when I just want to play the bass......I find that's not good point, and I've seen in several forums yousician has lost lot of customers for that.

If I find a way or any discount I could think about being premium, but not this price.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow me to respond to friends leveling up with a ‘like’

I got a notification saying my friend had leveled up and I thought it’d be cool to be able to encourage and congratulate them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Jamstik

I have a Jamstik 7 and it would be great if it was compatible with this app. I can't always play an actual guitar because I travel for work about 75%of the time but came across the Jamstik and now I'm making real improvement in my playing. Today I ran across Yousician and was blown away by the amount of material so I hooked up my Jamsik and was very disappointed to say the least. This really is a great app, thanks for your time!

- Josh

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base