Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. Song preview

I find I get quite frustrated with the constant sight reading. It would be nice to be able to look at a song (not just chord and fret map) but the whole thing once before playing. Lots of the lessons are using songs I've never heard and I find that struggling to read the notes, hear the tune and play at the same time can sometime drive me away.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Possibility to zoom in/out notes when playing

Would be great if one could zoom out (at least in practise mode) to see a larger fraction of the song. Personally, I prefer having a paused screen for certain song sections and the limited screen size displays too few notes/chords.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make available on web browser.

All unsupported devices would be able to make use of this wonderful app if there was a way to access it through a web browser as opposed to an app. Niether my Chromebook nor my Android box are compatible. It is very frustrating.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automatic stop after playing the song with possibility to check mistakes

I Would really like to have the following kind of function in Yousician.
    The meaning of this application is that you can learn how to play. And the best way to learn is knowing where you make mistakes.

Now when playing the song and you make mistake, the mistake is marked red on the notes, but when you have finished the song the application automatically clean your mistakes on fretboard and start the song all over again, so you don't have change to analyze what went wrong.

One big help could be the Automatic stop with the end of the…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Windows 10 store app

Please port the desktop app to the Windows store. The main advantage of this is that you'd never have to wait for the app to update itself before starting, which happens quite often and takes some time.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Spanish mode!

I speak and understand English but I was taught the guitar in Spanish so it's difficult to understand

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. popular songs

There have been a lot new updates last year. I am using the piano and loved it and used it a lot in the beginning. It is much more fun to learn how to play songs and melodies that are popular than playing songs where a man sings the notes you are going to play. It seems more for kids and does not reach out for adults.
    Therefore I would personal be more motivated by playing more popular songs in different genre. I know it is possible to search for a specific songs, but they are often not well made…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. bouzouki

I want this greek instrument. please I am waiting for it.

215 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. allow user to choose background color in practice mode

So, When I am trying to practice piano, I either used the enhanced notes or the standard notes. But either way, If you're playing a higher or lower note that goes off the staff, it's impossible to see against such a dark background, especially if you're playing on a small screen like your phone. Also against that dark blue background lines through the notes (like C, for example) are virtually invisible. I don't have this issue in perform mode, because that light blue color is fine. In practice mode, can the color be a lighter color, or allow us to…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Practice Daily Tab

Right now the tabs are too scattered. I need clearer direction of the things to be practiced daily.

Also, why do you not get credit for actually practicing? You only get credit when you pass the tests. It looks like I'm not doing anything until that time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. mini games for all instrument and ideas for knowledge path.

mini games such as ear trainer, combos with various chords, Simon Says , one method to learn notes on the fretboard and many games . These games will help us to improve our ear , memory , speed et cetera. Additionally, I would like to there are many exercises about with videos in the knowledge path. e.g. names of the strings . Nice video but I want to be added many exercises about this and every video in the knowledge path which we are eagerly awaiting it.

155 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Yousician Referall

If you use the free version of Yousician, you can invite a friend who has never used Yousician to try it out. After your friend creates an account and installs Yousician on Google Play Store or on Itunes, both of you will get access to Yousician Premium for one week at no cost. Each time a friend who has never used Yousician before accepts one of your invitations and installs Yousician, you will earn an additional week of access to Yousician Premium. For more information, use this website https://support.grammarly.com/hc/en-us/sections/204575008-Grammarly-s-Referral-Program Just replace Grammarly with Yousician and think of it!!! This is…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adding more plans to yousician

Idea is to have more options on available plans. Add more plans, like daily, weekly, weekend, etc. Not everyone can afford price for monthly plan, and nor everyone have enough of time to play for whole paid month. It is better to pay and activate plan with more precise timings, when you now that you will use that paid time efectively for sure.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Record guitar for own song

When making a new song you can only manually add your notes. I advise for an update to have a record option. you play your melody on the guitar and the app records and writes the song

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add MIDI shortcuts (start, restart, next... by just pressing special keys on a MIDI keyboard)

It's really hard to use the computer keyboard to start a song and quickly move to the piano keyboard. Other software allow to press a special keyboard combination (strange chords that are never played in a song) to start a song or restart a song.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Skill Test Guitar Chords BEFORE Song

Please, please, please x1000 make the guitar chord trainers -the ones under the skill tests where you have to play chords in a random order on a time limit - available BEFORE you have to play some crazy song to unlock it.

Let me explain why this would be an extremely good idea by explaining the situation I am currently in.

So I just unlocked rhythm level 6 (the one where you now have to learn Fancy Chords and Big Riffing), and I am simply overwhelmed by all the new chords I have to memorize to play the new songs…

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add Recorder teaching software

Could you please make a spot in your software teaching me how to play recorder. In fact it would probably get lots of subscribers because that's the first instrument most Americans play in school, but then we give it up because no one really gets good at it. I have a nice wooden one and would really love to learn how to play it well. And the demographic for parents who have kids in school would be phenomenal.

All in all I'd love to play recorder and love it if it could be incorporated into your app

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 733 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

157 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Replay/Feedback

I love Yousician, it's really got me hooked on the guitar. However, one disadvantage it has over private guitar lessons is feedback. When I miss a note or chord while playing a song, many times I don't know why. Did I hit a different note? Did I not strum all the strings? Was it just completely off time? It would be nice if the software had a replay option that allowed me to replay slowly the song I just completed and stop on a chord I missed and have the computer tell me why it thought that chord didn't register.…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow user to review song results after Perform

There should be an option to be able to review the song results after Perform. Once finished, you go immediately to the scoreboard and you can't review your misses.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base