Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. STOP ASKING ME IF I WANT A CERTIFICATE!

How many times are you going to interrupt my lessons to ask me that? How many times do I have to hit “No”?! KNOCK IT OFF!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. strumming patterns

I would like to see new strumming patterns incorporated in the lessons. reggae strum, chuck, etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Activity Report - New stars

Right now you get your time and stars earned. But stars earned does not say much. I'd like to see new stars I've earned, gold and silver, that I didn't have the week before. Because I think this shows actual progress. It shows you now play songs better than the week before. I think it would be great to show and a great and easy indicator of learning to play.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Changing music notation for each hand individually (PIANO)

I would like to ask you to create an option to choose, to study with "Sheet" in the right hand and "Enhanced" in the left hand, this way helps to improve the decoration of the notes in the F key. Because I find it easier to read scores in the key of the Sun, in the key of Fa, I do not read quickly. The yousician system allows you to use only one notation for both hands, ideally I could put different notation on each hand. Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a pre-calibration system

Previously, before the song starts, Yousician showed the calibtation screen, where they say that the user should press the coloured keys with the respective finger. But now, that doesn't happens. If Yousician made the pre-calibration system back, this could help users (especially beginners) to posicionate the fingers correctly and it will help them to get ready to the song.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Don't let Yousician kick me out of a song if I'm not doing very well

Currently if I'm struggling to hit notes in song mode Yousician will tell me it can't hear my guitar, turn red and then kick me out of the song suggesting I practice.

This is pretty annoying as I'm still trying to play the song and it disrupts my learning; its also a pretty negative approach for an educational app.

Yes I can use practice mode, but that should be my choice. Let me finish the song and achieve whatever score I can and then try to beat it next time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Licks

Blues licks to practice bends, Double Stops and other stuff

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Note Chaser as its own path Note CATCHER!

Hi! Just a quick idea : Note chaser is such a great exercise! It would be a cool feature to have it on its own so you could just run it like a game going through different scales with no other exercises. Thanks for such a great product!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please reposition "yousician has trouble hearing your guitar dialog"

When entering practice mode, I stumble every single time over the same inconvinience. Yousician starts playing the song once entering the practice mode immediately. However, my first activity in many cases is adjusting the speed (therefore I am in practice mode). However, as soon as the first notes are coming up (and I am not playing since I want to adjust the speed), the "trouble" dialog immediately appears and... it shadows the speed adjustment button.

I KNOW that you cannot hear me, since I am not playing because I want to adjust the speed. Stopping the song does not make…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Standard notation to Yousician Voice

Yousician Voice is awesome for learning to sing, but the custom way it displays notes isn’t ideal for learning to sight-sing from standard sheet music. Could you please add a Standard Notation option, like the other instruments have?

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add speed drills for the guitar

Add more drills to build speed and accuracy.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable pausing until the correct note is played in practice mode of every song.

I'm trying to use Yousician to teach my 5 year old piano, but the only song he can play is the "tutorial" where the music stops until he plays the correct note. As soon as he gets to the first real song, he can't keep up. It would be very helpful to have the option to use this feature for every song in practice mode so he had more time to learn.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Use BPM to set the tempo of a song

Yousician uses percentage to set the tempo of a song, when in Practice Mode, but I think this is not very relative. Also, it could fumble users. I think using BPM (beats per minute) is better.
    Thus, users can identify the tempo of a song.
    And, users who have Premium or Premium+ can train the song by using a metronome.
    The difference is that, on the normal tempo, the percentage is 100% on all songs, but the BPM is different.
    So, BPM is better than percentage.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow me to respond to friends leveling up with a ‘like’

I got a notification saying my friend had leveled up and I thought it’d be cool to be able to encourage and congratulate them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Better Explanation of Exercises

Instead of just launching into an exercise it would be better to inform the user of what the purpose of the exercise is. Adults need to know why they are doing an activity and what they are supposed to get out of it. Explaining what will be done and the outcome will enhance the learning experience whereas throwing someone into the pool (playing without knowing why) can be extremely frustrating.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have a list of Premium songs.

Unless you specifically know the Premium songs you wish to play there is no search function to list all available. Having this feature would help save time searching for songs/artists that aren't currently available.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Online band creation!

My idea is make able to create a band! With the feature you can play togeather at the same time on twoo or more devices the same song on different instruments. Lets creat a band eith yousician members. Challange your friend function. Random band option. You can find and invite yousician members to your band.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I am sick of being asked to make a certificate. TURN! THAT! OFF!

You constantly interrupt my lessons and even interfere with the TIMED CHORD TESTS by asking me MULTIPLE TIMES IN EVERY PRACTICE SESSION for my "details" so you fan email me a certificate I don't want and don't need. How about "No, and quit pestering me before I cancel my account." MAKE THAT ONE OF THE REPLIES AND STOP ASKING ME!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Freestyle mode

Dear developers

I had an idea to add a freestyle mode to my guitar app. Your current algorithm allows you to determine if I played the correct chord. So let her learn to recognize any chords that I can play. I will sign in more detail:
    2. The complexity of the song depends on the combination of various chords of chords, their frequency and complexity of appearance. For example, Am + F is harder to play than Am + Em. Put such logic into the work of the algorithm.
    3. We all understand that the system is not always able…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Rummut

Moro...tää on ihan huippu äppi. Löytyy kitaraa,bassoo,pianoo,laulua ja ukulelekin mutta missä on rummut??
    Voisitteko saada niitä jotenkin tätä samaan äppiin?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base