Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Having problems and/or need technical assistance? Visit our Help Center and get in touch with our support team.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!
  1. Add the possibily of sorting songs by playing style

It would be nice to be able to sort songs by type (rythm, lead, Cowboy chords, riff, etc)

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for voting!

If you’re learning guitar, there’s a way to find exercises in the style you want to play. To do so, go to the Songs page and scroll down to “Playing Styles”. Here, you’ll find several collections that include exercises of each style available (Chords, Melody, etc.).

Unfortunately, these collections are currently not available on other instruments.

We’ll keep this suggestion open as we understand there’s currently no way to filter by playing style when doing a search in-app. We’ll also be sure to keep the idea in mind.

Keep on rocking!

2. Play back

I would like to see a section where I can record the music I played along with and play it back to hear myself.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Replay button: 5 secs or 10 seconds instead of slide control only.

There are technical areas that I may have trouble with and need/want to replay that section or notes. Instead of stopping and trying to fight with the slide control(at the bottom of the screen where the IOS screen close controlling close app) perhaps add a replay button that only rewinds your current location 5 or 10 seconds and allows you to tap the screen and repeat tough areas while in the song...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Player need more control on sight reading

Hi Team
    My whole purpose of purchasing yousician is to prepare myself for professional playing and expertising the sight reading. But seems I can't achive it as per the current setup/control. Please enable more control to the player.

A) Player must be able to switch off the bouncing ball. In the realworld you don't have a bouncing ball on sight reading.

B) Also please enable screen to display more Bars at a time. Usually it shows approximately 2 bars at a time.
    May be you could provide option to the player to select how many bars he could see at…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Chose chords

A way to choose chords to play and more then 45 sec,or the chord trainer unlimited time .

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make auto speeder accesible directly in practice mode (not under the tempo menu)

Include a button in practice mode (preferably besides speed plus/minus buttons) to activate/deactivate auto speeder with one easy click instead of three clicks (menu -> tempo -> auto speeder). This way the user could directly see if the auto speeder is on or off and also the Tempo could be dropped altogether from the top menu.

Originally described here:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157891651764830&set=p.10157891651764830&type=3

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. In practice mode, a one-touch way to choose red/bad measures

In practice mode, users can move the playback start and end cursors to a section that needs practice. At least on an iPad, actually doing this is a bit janky though: dragging a cursor often also moves the current play head, a user needs to move both the start and end cursor, and the score is shifting as the cursors move.

So, how about a one-click/one-touch way to select a section that's significantly worse (Ie, more red) than the surrounding measures? If I touch a red section of a song, re-center the playback cursors around that part without making me…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Articulation on the Notation

Yousician could be a great way to practice reading notation. However, none of the articulation is indicated on the notation.

Bad enough when there is no indication for hammer-ons or pull-offs, but bends just show as the parent note, so there's no way to read them at all in notation.

Even when reading in the STD+TAB setting this can mess you up, if you're trying to get the rhythm from the notation, and articulations are only notated in the tablature.

For that matter, it would be a great help if the rhythms were shown in TABLATURE mode.

Be a pro…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add missing notation type "Standard + Tab & notes"

Please consider adding notation type "Standard + Tab & notes". For bass players, that might be the best one: it helps you learn the bass clef note associations while simultaneously linking them with finger positions on the bass fretboard. As standard, tab and notes are already implemented separately and in other combinations, and as there is enough room in the display to do this, this shouldn't be too difficult to add.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remember the Transpose setting for each song in Singing

It's a nuisance having to re-enter the Transpose setting for every song each time I sing it. How about having Yousician remember this?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show names of scales used in songs

When playing songs, we need to have an idea of what scales are used there, so we can get used to how scales sounds in real music, and understanding what are the common or most used patterns in each scale

Thank you

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give gold stars based on points

I think it could be more conducive to have stars given based on points rather than how many notes you hit. Considering you have to string together notes without missing to rack up points anyways I think this could still ensure a level of “perfection” to the piece.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display Perfect Score

When achieving gold stars, it would be nice to
    have the perfect score displayed for the user to know how close they are.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to pause subscription

Allow users to put subscription on-hold before extended period of leave such as holidays

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Routemap Under "Missions" Menu Tab

You have removed the clear mission routemap with a mess of trendy-looking images which aren't very clear. They don't show what step you are at in the learning process. Worse still, I seem to have lost my Knowledge and Rhythm progress (home screen is only showing Lead). Can we have the original map back please?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Trivium - Until The World Goes Cold

Please add this beautiful song

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. multi user licenses for schools

Dear Yousician

Congratulations on developing an outstanding product. Every year I tell students, teachers, school leaders, governors, parents and other musicians about your services with rigor and passion.

Many products for schools have multi user licenses available. Yousician is a superb and cost effective product with many admirable features however, I feel we may be choosing to miss a trick here which will undoubtedly make Yousician the most powerful practical teaching resource for a diverse range of students.

Yousician is adaptive when teaching 1to1 but when teaching a class of 30 through a single profile, it is adapting to some…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base