Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Having problems and/or need technical assistance? Visit our Help Center and get in touch with our support team.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!
  1. More advanced music theory

Love the idea, but doesn't have much to offer an intermediate player looking to become more advanced (other than learning complex songs). Adding more scales (modes), arpeggios, and sight reading exercises.

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add an option to mute the notification that pop up saying the app can’t hear you even though it clearly

The pop ups are very distracting and when they come up repeatedly even though the app is clearly hearing you and you’re getting the notes right, then they’re really annoying, especially if they’re at the end of a practice piece when they obscure your score at the restart.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ear Training "repeat after me" With The instrument rather than clicking

Ear Training exercise "repeat after me"

I hear a short phrase within a scale then I repeat what I hear on my instrument on tempo if I get it right I will get similar phrase but a bit longer or more complex

the tempo should be continuous never stop until exit but the tempo can be set (feel like Duolingo that keep you repeat what you know but add bit new thing in the mix from time to time)

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Lessons about basic instrument maintenance

Would love an asynchronous basic maintenance section for things like (on guitar) choosing, cleaning, and changing strings, taking care of the fretboard and all the wood, storage and transportation, all that good stuff and anything else!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create favorite songs list and Shuffle through the list

The ability to play your favourite songs on shuffle so it automatically picks one out for you. Would keep it fresh 👍

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Replay button: 5 secs or 10 seconds instead of slide control only.

There are technical areas that I may have trouble with and need/want to replay that section or notes. Instead of stopping and trying to fight with the slide control(at the bottom of the screen where the IOS screen close controlling close app) perhaps add a replay button that only rewinds your current location 5 or 10 seconds and allows you to tap the screen and repeat tough areas while in the song...

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Skip button fo chord trainers

I just need a quick keyboard shortcut to skip it/close it without using the mouse and click on the skip link on the top right

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Tips/tricks for finger placements

Hello. I’m in the section building speed and wish there was a way to see someone playing to see how to place fingers for speed and accuracy. Kinda like tips and tricks. E.g. when moving higher on the fretboard, which fingers are best OR when you have notes in the same fret but different strings (one after the other - like in Samba Ukulele).
    Thank you for considering

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Content for Bass Guitar Workout Section.

Hello.

Firstly I'd like to say that I love your App. It has helped me improve my playing far more than I thought possible and I would recommend it to every single person I know that is interested in becoming a musician.

Many, many thanks for this wonderful App.

However, I find it greatly unjust that the Bass Guitar workout section is completely void of any and all workout lessons.
    Here is my argument. For 6 string Guitar learners they have access to; Chord Trainers (26 lessons) , Learn Standard Notation (25 lessons) , Ear Training (20 lessons) , Scales…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. is there a way to go back to the old format?

I’ve been teaching myself guitar using this app for 5 months. I really hate this new format. 😞

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to mark songs as Dislike, Exclude, Hide, Permanently skip or set account to preferred type of music

When scrolling through the "New Songs" list, I would like a way to mark songs that I have previously checked out but didn't like or was not interested in. If there was a way to tag these then they could be filtered out or at least marked so I would know not to open it again.

Since the songs show up quite randomly, I find I'm always scrolling through looking for something new that I might be interested in. This will get more tedious than it already is as the collection grows.

Also to add:

-Permanently skip a song or…

243 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to change the fret colors

I think that I would be able to follow along with the songs much better if each string was a specific color, instead of the frets changing colors. It would be awesome if we could have a little more option for how its set up. Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automate translation of cross instrument tabbing to increase song catalog for all instruments

I'm thinking of guitar to ukulele specifically, though the same goes across the musical spectrum. If I can easily Google uke tabs for aguitar or piano song that exists in Yousician, there's no valid reason why it's not available in Yousician too.

I'm finding myself using Yousician less & less due to the limited catalog for the instrument I'm in. When I discovered deeper catalogues for more popular instruments I was actively disappointed at this clear gap in efficiency. Given rights management has already occured, the cost to onboard more versions of approved songs should be lower, will broaden options…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Disable Featured Songs Section

Disable Featured Songs Section

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Show guitar chords even on melodies and leads.

I think it would be nice to see which chord each measure is in for leads and melodies. I think this would help us learn about scales as we could see what chord would be played along with the notes you are playing. This would benefit us as seeing the location on the fretboard the notes we are playing over the chord for each measure of the song.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Metronome Mode Either ON/OFF For Entire Practice Session

I would like the option to choose to have the metronome ON during each song instead of having to go back and turn it on at the start of a new song. This is especially true with the new format. The user can choose to keep this feature on throughout their session or turn it OFF. Thanks.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show Correct notes as a percentage.

Title says it all, report 148/214 notes after a practice through of a song, is useful, but harder to understand. It would be great to also just show the percentage correct ...example 69% [148/214] -- would be far easier to read and allow the end user to set consistent targets to reach....for example, I could set a personal goal to get to 85% before moving up the playback speed. It is just more user friendly and low hanging fruit.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base