Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Having problems and/or need technical assistance? Visit our Help Center and get in touch with our support team.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!
  1. Navigation via strings.

Ability to "play again" or "practise" by strumming one string. I really hate having to lean forward to use the mouse again ;)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Piano Scales learning before chords.

Please add in learning as must have at least the major and minor scales. In workout you have only the chords within the scale. Music is mathematics. We can’t learn mechanical some chords without knowing the entire scale of those chords. Also the chords within a scale shall be a must have and not only optional in workout. We learn notes from C4 to C5, let’s say, and than we learn that those notes are part of one scale. Than within this C scale there are chords we must learn… in a logical form.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Piano Notation

Have a fourth notation option of enhanced sheet. Notation is visible, with note names on the notes as a way to enhance learning of note names as well as proper counting with playing. (If this were physical sheet music, I could just write the note names on the sheets) To add more to this, give an option of just having the note names on sheet with either just bass or treble clef. some people have prior music experience with other instruments and just need a bit of a nudge with one or the other clefs and having this option would…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Family - Switching accounts on the same device

Enable the creation of profiles in the app (netflix-style). Allow changing of profiles in the app without needing to log out of one account and log in on another.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Show the BPM when using the metronomo

Hey, would be really useful if we could see the BPM of a song, also that would help during workouts. It's a bit hard to play song outside Yousician because of this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Voice control

I'd like to be able to navigate the gui with voice commands. Would free up myhands from awkwardly reaching for the controls while holding an instrument.

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Vocal Warm ups & cool downs

Singing part of the app is cool but the warm ups are only for the body, no vocal runs. & the gem game is fun but not a vocal warm up. Guitar has scales & warm ups, vocals should too. Not talking about a Guided lesson but an easy 5 min exercise before I begin my vocal workouts.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. swap songs of similar difficulty

when doing the set levels, if you really don't like a song it would be nice if you could swap it to a different choice that teaches the same skills, or maybe if you could have two choices of songs or something. especially for set levels which have premium songs, it would be good to choose between a few premium songs so you aren't potentially learning songs by bands you really don't enjoy/agree with

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Banjo instruction please?

Could you please do your techniques for banjo instruction. Get Noem Pikelny to do it with you. It would be much easier to see where to put fingers and when with your techniques.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Lessons about basic instrument maintenance

Would love an asynchronous basic maintenance section for things like (on guitar) choosing, cleaning, and changing strings, taking care of the fretboard and all the wood, storage and transportation, all that good stuff and anything else!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Wish: Make iOS push notification text (copy) less obnoxious

The iOS notifications read like they were written to motivate 7-year-olds. While I'm sure Yousician's userbase includes many 7-year-olds, it also includes people who simply want a friendly, informative notification, not clickbait.

At a minimum, if you aren't willing to get rid of the gamified clickbait garbage, then at least adapt the notification to someone's progress. If someone's past the first few levels and/or you have reason to believe they're an adult, generate notification copy that doesn't feel like it was written to cajole a small child.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow completely disabling MIDI synth

I am using MIDI over USB so i can hear my pianos original sound and yousician as well. In the song mode, users have the option to silence the midi synth but then in the rest of the app I hear both my keyboard and yousician's MIDI synth which is quite annoying. It seems like it would make sense to allow users to disable yousician's synth altogether or just respect the midi setting across all surfaces of the app.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. allow the user to edit the TAB sheet by himself

allow the user to edit the TAB sheet by himself, and then the user can practice whether there is a mistake。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. an option can be added so that I can turn off the color display of chords。

I hope that in future revisions, an option can be added so that I can turn off the color display of chords。Because the general TAB score only writes chord names, and there is no color distinction

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Tips/tricks for finger placements

Hello. I’m in the section building speed and wish there was a way to see someone playing to see how to place fingers for speed and accuracy. Kinda like tips and tricks. E.g. when moving higher on the fretboard, which fingers are best OR when you have notes in the same fret but different strings (one after the other - like in Samba Ukulele).
    Thank you for considering

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Yousician for Banjo

I think that it is imperative to if to add the banjo as an instrument to the app. I was once a member of this service service, and and grew exponentially with my guitar skills. At the same time my banjo began to collect dust. I love my Jolene Fender, the name of my banjo, And I love the yousician service . Please help me merge these two loves so that I can grow with my banjo in the same way that I did with my guitar. I am happy to become a paying member of this service again once…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base