Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. Voice control

I'd like to be able to navigate the gui with voice commands. Would free up myhands from awkwardly reaching for the controls while holding an instrument.

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Instead of having to keep up with the tempo, give the option to practice accuracy

So the song only moves forward if I get the notes correct

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Preview music before playing

I would love an option to see and listen to music BEFORE attempting to play it for the first time. This would be particularly helpful for selecting challenge and premium+ songs to try. thanks

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More advanced music theory

Love the idea, but doesn't have much to offer an intermediate player looking to become more advanced (other than learning complex songs). Adding more scales (modes), arpeggios, and sight reading exercises.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatically restart on error / mistake

Could we have a mode to auto-restart the song/section on error for when we are trying to get gold stars? It should be a toggle option obviously and off by default.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ear Training "repeat after me" With The instrument rather than clicking

Ear Training exercise "repeat after me"

I hear a short phrase within a scale then I repeat what I hear on my instrument on tempo if I get it right I will get similar phrase but a bit longer or more complex

the tempo should be continuous never stop until exit but the tempo can be set (feel like Duolingo that keep you repeat what you know but add bit new thing in the mix from time to time)

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please add a mute instrument feature

Hi,

It has been bothering me for some quite time that there is already a guitar in the songs I play, when I suppose to be the one playing that instrument. It creates a duplicate that causes me to lower the volume of yousician just to hear my playing and better judge when I am succesful or not. It would be great to have a “mute instrument” feature for those songs that already have that instrument integrated on the track.

I think that duplicate helps at beginning levels (because the yousician players sound pretty good), but when you want to…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Play back

I would like to see a section where I can record the music I played along with and play it back to hear myself.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show picking direction (lead guitar)

It would be helpful if there was a small arrow next to the notes that show if the string should be picked with an upward or downward stroke.

That way, the player can see whether he should use economy picking, alternate picking or some other combination in more complex songs.

It would be a great tool since inexperienced players wouldn't have to guess how to play a certain part.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Articulation on the Notation

Yousician could be a great way to practice reading notation. However, none of the articulation is indicated on the notation.

Bad enough when there is no indication for hammer-ons or pull-offs, but bends just show as the parent note, so there's no way to read them at all in notation.

Even when reading in the STD+TAB setting this can mess you up, if you're trying to get the rhythm from the notation, and articulations are only notated in the tablature.

For that matter, it would be a great help if the rhythms were shown in TABLATURE mode.

Be a pro…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Put back the ability to adjust tempo by 1%

The new 5% adjustments are too big, we need a way to adjust tempo by 1% again.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Custom tablatures

Hi all,

I would like to know what you think about having the possibility of creating our own tablatures and have the App display them so we can play custom musics?

The idea behind this would be to allow children that don't have enough practice, to have the possibility of having custom songs easy enough for them to practice guitar and maybe later move on to the App program.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add an option to mute the notification that pop up saying the app can’t hear you even though it clearly

The pop ups are very distracting and when they come up repeatedly even though the app is clearly hearing you and you’re getting the notes right, then they’re really annoying, especially if they’re at the end of a practice piece when they obscure your score at the restart.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to mark songs as Dislike, Exclude or Hide

When scrolling through the "New Songs" list, I would like a way to mark songs that I have previously checked out but didn't like or was not interested in. If there was a way to tag these then they could be filtered out or at least marked so I would know not to open it again.

Since the songs show up quite randomly, I find I'm always scrolling through looking for something new that I might be interested in. This will get more tedious than it already is as the collection grows.

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add the possibily of sorting songs by playing style

It would be nice to be able to sort songs by type (rythm, lead, Cowboy chords, riff, etc)

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for voting!

If you’re learning guitar, there’s a way to find exercises in the style you want to play. To do so, go to the Songs page and scroll down to “Playing Styles”. Here, you’ll find several collections that include exercises of each style available (Chords, Melody, etc.).

Unfortunately, these collections are currently not available on other instruments.

We’ll keep this suggestion open as we understand there’s currently no way to filter by playing style when doing a search in-app. We’ll also be sure to keep the idea in mind.

Keep on rocking!

16. Add metronome in 'perform' mode

whenever you are playing a pro show you use in ear professional stage wireless monitor system so I think is a MUST to have while practicing song in real speed.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show names of scales used in songs

When playing songs, we need to have an idea of what scales are used there, so we can get used to how scales sounds in real music, and understanding what are the common or most used patterns in each scale

Thank you

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Pdf songbook

An offline/online PDF songbook with all song's we cover, all training programmes and theory.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. finger picking lessons

so I like the idea of finger picking. that way I can feel and know the strings i'm on. so my idea entitles the finger picking styles teaching styles and practices I noticed there songs that involve it but not really any lessons it just afeels assumed that i want to play with a pick

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)