Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Direct scrolling

Hello,
    I find it quite frustrating that in the ios user interface you can’t scroll directly from the score and have to use the bottom control. It is not precise and if you want to just go back few beats without loosing tack it is not possible. It would be great to be able just to scroll back directly from the score.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. up and down arrows for strumming

So on top of the chords there can be black arrows going down for when we have to strum and then we could have white arrow pointing up for when we don't have to strum. This way we can keep our hand moving and actually find the rhythm in what we are playing. Because the way it is now. I only stum down when the chord shows to strum and the if have to strum the next chord down, I'll just be waiting there until I have to strum again. And this make my strumming sound choppy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show my own soundwave

Hello! I sometimes have difficulties in playing some short bent notes correctly. I'd really find it helpful to have the opportunity to take a look at the soundwave of my own playing to see the discrepancy between my wave and the one that is required. After having finished the song.
    Short notes don't show my soundwave, so sometimes I have no idea why this particular note is red. Was mine too high, too low, too short, too ...? Kind regards!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow more time to set up fingers on piano

When you learn a new song you have to press the keys that you'll be playing before starting the song, but after you've played the song once it stops giving you that intro.

It would be helpful as a beginner to have the option to turn this on or off, since the song often starts up very quickly before I have time to get my hand into position.

Another idea could be to make you play the correct thumb positions to start the song.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Parental control - the ability to remove inappropriate songs - Family Friendly Syllabus

I would like to be able to choose to remove a song from the syllabus if it is inappropriate (for example, I would prefer my 7 and 9 year-olds not be exposed to "Californication".) Either that, or make the syllabus more family friendly in the first place.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Drop A#

I think we need Drop A# tuning option For Breaking Benjamin and In Flames Songs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Would it be possible to have or put subtitles in every single lessons?

Hello to Yousician, I wrote this letter because of having a problem understanding the lessons because I am not an English native speaker. Would it be possible for you to have or put subtitles in every single lesson?
    Please if it could happen I would be appreciated for this and it would be an amazing thing to understand, to people who are not a native speaker to understand every single lesson. Thank you for reading this 🙏

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A way to arrange the reorder items in a collection.

It would be very helpful to have a way to rearrange the order of the songs in a Collection.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Trainer module for notes and beats

I am using yousician guitar. It will be nice if there is a trainer module which gives practice on length of each note in relation with the beat. That is just by looking at the note length in the bar if I could get a feel of how long the note is played and the gap between notes. I know there was a small introduction but I would prefer if there are trainer modules in between the course as the complexity progresses.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. filter enhancement-guitar

It would be nice to be able to filter by fingerpicking, cowboy chords,rythm, etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Being able to set time in workout

Being able to pick a certain time, or disable the timer in the workout mode.
    For instance on guitar and chord training; the timer is kinda short, i wish to be better at changing between the chords. So having the ability to just set a timer for ten minutes and then play randoms chords witout having to rush so much, so that i can train my presicion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. To make Yousician a free app .

It is my request to you that Yousician should be made a free app . It is the best music learning app in the world and it will thrive very much if it will be made free. Every one is not able to afford the premium one .So it is my due request to make it a free app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Play it as its written

Have an additional option for premium songs to be played as written by the original artist. Also be able to select specific parts, i.e. lead or rhythm

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Minor pentantonic sequences for all boxes

You already have the lesson for one box, this has been mighty helpful for my improvising skills. If you could please do sequences for all the boxes it would be awesome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove backing tracks

It would be good to have the ability to turn off other tracks. For example I'm learning bass guitar so really want to hear the bass drum to help me keep time. The vocals and the guitar are often a lot clearer than the drums. Turning them off would help to make the drums clearer for rhythm musicians.

This feature would defintely help with locking in with the drums to improve timing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SKIP update or UPDATE LATER option

Updating takes a lot of time and often ruins the app on certain windows devices instead of improving it. It takes ages to get a fix (I am talking from experience). Please add a SKIP or UPDATE LATER (whatever you want to call it) button on the little window with progress of sucking the new update. I want to update YS app when I am sure that it works fine on my windows. It should be easy for devs to implement - and will help a lot

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow musician as a source for GarageBand on ios

Be able to use Yousician as an instrument in the inter-app audio for GarageBand in iOS to make it easier to record songs.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Guitar Fingerpicking Waltzing Matilda (in G)

My idea is to simply change this song. This is not an appropriate song for this level. It's Light Years ahead of the previous material. Plus there are no chord diagrams which is also a huge shift in the learning path.

Please simply change this song at this level.

Thank you kindly for your time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Chapman Stick Railboard

I was super excited to discover I was super excited to discoverYousician.... well until I was told it’s not applicable to my Chapman Stick Railboard.
    I am learning a 10 string Railboard.
    I know your system would be adaptable to it.
    I just thought I would present it to you.
    Thank you
    Sunie

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories