Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. Band codes

Friends could send "band codes" which they could connect together and play the same song together

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give feedback about the app more easily

I searched for quite a long time to be able to find this forum so it may be useful to make it clearer thanks ^^

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hammer On & Pull Off indicators in Guitar Standard Notation

It would be great to have Hammer On and Pull Off signs in the Guitar sheet music option. At the moment they only appear in Tab.
    Please vote for this -
    Not having this feature makes it harder to learn to read music

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Yousician team should be more active with the community

I find it very surprising that Yousician can afford not to actively foster the community of users and customers they have. I don't really see any comments from the Yousician staff to any of these ideas posted by users (it's free product development feedback!), nor do I see Yousician being active on the discussion forums. I understand that some decisions like removing the user generated content may not have been popular, but typically I would at least expect some basic level of decency with a proper thank you for the feedback even if there are no plans to react as…

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 5 note chromatic gem catcher

I'm a professional vocalist and instructor. Your gem catcher game in the workouts is absolutely great for warming up. Particularly the chromatic steps helps train pitch onset and ensuring that when you stop singing the note you don't have pitch drift either (since either of those will cause you not to catch the gem). It's a great straight tone warmup but with only 3 notes really the middle one is the only one that is functioning for training in this way. Please increase it to at least 5 if not more.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. GuitarTuna suggestions / Capo / Baritone Guitar

It would be nice if there was an option that in any tuning option for the guitar to have an option to select which fret a capo is on. Often times tuning without a capo and placing a capo on after bends the notes enough that tuning isn't super accurate.

It would also be nice for the opposite as well: Tunings for Baritone Guitar. As of now I don't believe thats an option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. please add some hindi(India) songs in yousician

Team, Yousician please add some hindi(India) songs in yousician, we are getting bored.......i havent heard any song i am practicing the songs that I have never heard of. why should we pay for premium services if we dont get what we want

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adding piano dynamics

Adding dynamics so the program judges where you are playing crescendo, p, pp, mp, mf, f, and so on.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A bible of Chords you have learnt

It would be really useful to have a bible of chords you have learnt so far so that we can revisit them at any time to refresh. Just a list of them with the chord name and tab and each time you learn a new chord, it gets added to the list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Automatically connect to amp after being detected

When I connect an amp to my PC, Yousician will detect it as an input device, but I have to physically go into settings to select it.

It would be great if it would connect to it automatically. If I go for a break, I'll turn my amp off, and so I'll have to go back into settings when I start playing again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change the auto-restart position in practise mode

When you snip the song in practice mode and hit restart, it will display a few hidden notes so you have time to get ready for the first note. However, when that snippet is over, instead of going back to where it originally started, it immediately restarts from the first note of the snippet, giving you no time at all to move your hand or get ready again.

Please change this so that when the snippet is over, it jumps back to where it starts if you hit restart. I don't want to have to keep hitting restart over and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bollywood Songs

There are users from India. We want to learn Bollywood songs. Majority of us don't connect, aspire, pursue English songs. It will be good commercially too. Keep Bollywood songs and do digital marketing and see the App subscription number catch fire.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give partial credit on chords with some dead strings

I think that giving partial credit on chords with some dead strings - say, points for the strings/notes that were heard/picked up/played correctly - could go a long way toward maintaining positive reinforcement. Many new players really struggle with chords, and have the app continually cut them off mid-song because they had too many things not perfect may be too frustrating. They should get some credit for getting things mostly right. This would allow for more fun due to a higher chance of reaching a high score each play through.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to filter songs by star achievement

ie - level 1 pop songs that I’ve scored 2 stars, or level 3 songs that have zero stars

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. sort songs by times played

I would like to have an option to sort the entire song catalog by numbers of times I have played each song -- both ascending and descending. Perhaps with the existing filtering capabilities (by level range, genre and so on).

The ultimate outcome is to find new songs which I have never played. Or played only a few times. This is to make sure I'm not missing a jewel of a song just because I don't know it exists. Also it would show me my true favourites.

Even better if, there was some timestamp on when played the last time,…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. side scroll results Windows version

The results screen doesn't make it very evident that you need to scroll sideways to see all the results for a long song. There's no scrollbar, using the side scroll button on my mouse doesn't work, and you have to click and drag the right place to see the rest of the song. Please add a scrollbar (or some other visual indicator) and make the hit zone for grabbing to scroll larger or more obvious. Thanks, Yousician is a lot of fun!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Choose songs from your own storage.

If we've got an SD card with music in it or if we have music downloaded to Windows Media Player, you guys should make it so that we can choose from our own song list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Customize the Note Colours

Dear Yousician,

Can I change the note colours? We have coloured vinyl note stickers on the middle two octaves of keys to help our children learn, but they do not match the colours in the piano app.

It would be helpful & encouraging during this long time at home...

Sincerely,

CA

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories