Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

Please make sure you post one idea per suggestion:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Tagging and searching for songs based on skills that are practiced

If you are practising in a structured way you will want to focus on specific skills like bends, legato, speed, scales and so on.. Tagging songs (inlcluding Premium+ song) with what skills they require AND making them searchable on these tags would be a great benefit.

In this way I could find only songs for practising hammer ons/pull offs and combine that with the appropriate level of difficulty for my level of playing. This ccould possibly enhance the value of Yousician as a practice tool greatly.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Piano Sustain Pedal Support

Yousician Piano currently lacks any mention of the sustain pedal, which is important for making songs sound good. At some intermediate point in the piano learning tracks I'd like to see an instructional lesson on how to use the pedal, and at least for MIDI devices some feedback on whether it's being used correctly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Possibility to control guitar/bass/piano/uke volumes on backing tracks

Let's say I play a guitar song for the first time, having a guitar perfectly recorded playing that part in the mix is nice to have an idea of how I'm supposed to sound. but once I learned it, it would be great if I could control that guitar track volume with a slider, even mute it, so I can hear all the details of my playing in the mix.

These backing tracks with the guitar playing the same notes tend to mask mistakes that would be heard otherwise.

this feature could be implemented automatically to the instrument one is…

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A proposal for tweaking the strum pattern notation tp make it easier to read

I find the the strumming way strumming patterns are presented to be incredibly difficult for my brain to parse. I think the problem is two fold.

1. You can't easily see the misses in regular strum patterns, the one's where you hand is moving, but you do not strum.

2. The point of the array feels like I should be doing something. A fast up down that you let ring out for a long time will have a short little arrow followed by a super wide arrow. It looks like two totally different sorts of notes, even though the action…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add an auto-play feature

Add a feature where you can listen to the song you are about to play played correctly by a robot. It can be very hard to keep up with the white ball, especially during fasts songs. It would be way easier to play to melody by hearing and repeating than to look at the ball all the time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Keyboard shortcuts! To move forward and backward, change the tempo, the notation, metronome, for everything ideally.

R for restart and P for perform/practice are appreciated. But please, more shortcuts! Left and right arrows to move forward and backward, up and down arrows for the tempo. N for notation. H for hand. F for play for me. M for metronome. S for mute song. Thanks!

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Develoup Rich Presence for Discord!

Hey Yousician,

I have recently started practicing the guitar on my computer using Yousician. I works great! But It would be even greater if you developed rich presence for Discord.

Rich presence works by your friends being able to see your progress in Yousician while you have it open.

It’s not necessary, but a very cool feature; and many applications have already done it.

Best regards
    A happy Yousician User.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enharmonic correct spelling

Markthebassman
    Jul 10, 20:51 EEST

I enjoy Yousician (bass) very much en recommend it to my students. It would be even better if Yousician used enharmonic correct spelling. For instance a G minor triad is not spelled G A# D, but G Bb D.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Contact other accounts

Voice chat for bandmates to find each other

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Larger fret number size

I have trouble reading the fret numbers in tab when playing without leaning in really close to the phone. Can you make the fret numbers bigger?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a ‘more from this artist’ button so we can easily play other songs from the same artist

Make it more easy to find songs we enjoy by being able to link to other songs from a band we are currently working on/ looking at in search results or song page.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 8string tunner

This app has 6-7-12 drop d- open tunnings...but not an 8 strings and support the loower notes...its a GREAT APP.
    Notice: "the turtle scaped" catch it quickly.
    THANX

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. ABRSM exam pieces

Hi

As you have so many wonderful pieces, why not add pieces for prestigious exam bodies like ABRSM or Trinity. this can make Yousician App so much popular as thousand of kids giving exam will start using the app

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Starting position is incorrect

Whether a beginner or an aficionado, when determining the status of any new member, you might want to start where any piano teacher would start: C, as in center C with the right hand thumb on the key, not the left hand thumb. I only play classical music, and advanced technically at that. Never have I approached the piano without first finding my place at C with my right hand thumb, and then navigating to wherever the sheet music directs me. You immediately lost me all in that 1 'learning' session.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improved stats

I'd like to see more improved stats i.e.:
    Score per section
    Replay of what notes you missed
    Stats on whether you tend to play notes early or late etc.
    Strings missed when playing chords

Just so you can analyse your playing more and really focus on improving. New songs is fine, but improved teaching should be the focus.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Synchronise two devices on same network

Would be great if you could synchronise two devices on same network so that you and a buddy could both play along different parts of the same track together. i.e. one plays melody and ones plays chords, or bass or uke/piano etc. Just needs a means to synch the start button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Excelent app, but.......premium + for favourites songs if you want just 1 instrument????

Excelent app, but....Favourites songs just with "Premium +"???? ..........I find total expensive,
    I was total decided to be premium but I just want to play the bass, not others, and if I have to pay the Premium + for the favourites songs when I just want to play the bass......I find that's not good point, and I've seen in several forums yousician has lost lot of customers for that.

If I find a way or any discount I could think about being premium, but not this price.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show total number og players pr. Group in leaderboardd

In leaderboards I se my position, I would like to know how many players there is in the group.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. New function for perfectionist guitar players

A mode where the song automatically restarts if a single note is not hit. This mode will be tailored to the perfectionists who are aiming to get all gold stars for their songs. This function can be switched on or off.

I thought of this because I get annoyed with having to manually restart the song when I miss a note or make a mistake, and it gets REALLY annoying

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)