Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

Please make sure you post one idea per suggestion:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. A proposal for tweaking the strum pattern notation tp make it easier to read

I find the the strumming way strumming patterns are presented to be incredibly difficult for my brain to parse. I think the problem is two fold.

1. You can't easily see the misses in regular strum patterns, the one's where you hand is moving, but you do not strum.

2. The point of the array feels like I should be doing something. A fast up down that you let ring out for a long time will have a short little arrow followed by a super wide arrow. It looks like two totally different sorts of notes, even though the action…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tagging and searching for songs based on skills that are practiced

If you are practising in a structured way you will want to focus on specific skills like bends, legato, speed, scales and so on.. Tagging songs (inlcluding Premium+ song) with what skills they require AND making them searchable on these tags would be a great benefit.

In this way I could find only songs for practising hammer ons/pull offs and combine that with the appropriate level of difficulty for my level of playing. This ccould possibly enhance the value of Yousician as a practice tool greatly.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Violin

I would LOVE to learn how to play the violin with Yousician. I have come so far with ukulele and guitar with this app, and I couldn’t imagine learning how to play violin somewhere else.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Online band creation!

My idea is make able to create a band! With the feature you can play togeather at the same time on twoo or more devices the same song on different instruments. Lets creat a band eith yousician members. Challange your friend function. Random band option. You can find and invite yousician members to your band.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Able to write your own songs

Maybe there could be a feature where you could write your own song? And then test yourself with it? I like making songs, even though I am relatively new to the guitar. I think it would be cool if we could write songs and then share them or test ourselves playing them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Don't let Yousician kick me out of a song if I'm not doing very well

Currently if I'm struggling to hit notes in song mode Yousician will tell me it can't hear my guitar, turn red and then kick me out of the song suggesting I practice.

This is pretty annoying as I'm still trying to play the song and it disrupts my learning; its also a pretty negative approach for an educational app.

Yes I can use practice mode, but that should be my choice. Let me finish the song and achieve whatever score I can and then try to beat it next time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Possibility to control guitar/bass/piano/uke volumes on backing tracks

Let's say I play a guitar song for the first time, having a guitar perfectly recorded playing that part in the mix is nice to have an idea of how I'm supposed to sound. but once I learned it, it would be great if I could control that guitar track volume with a slider, even mute it, so I can hear all the details of my playing in the mix.

These backing tracks with the guitar playing the same notes tend to mask mistakes that would be heard otherwise.

this feature could be implemented automatically to the instrument one is…

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Better Explanation of Exercises

Instead of just launching into an exercise it would be better to inform the user of what the purpose of the exercise is. Adults need to know why they are doing an activity and what they are supposed to get out of it. Explaining what will be done and the outcome will enhance the learning experience whereas throwing someone into the pool (playing without knowing why) can be extremely frustrating.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Keyboard shortcuts! To move forward and backward, change the tempo, the notation, metronome, for everything ideally.

R for restart and P for perform/practice are appreciated. But please, more shortcuts! Left and right arrows to move forward and backward, up and down arrows for the tempo. N for notation. H for hand. F for play for me. M for metronome. S for mute song. Thanks!

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 8string tunner

This app has 6-7-12 drop d- open tunnings...but not an 8 strings and support the loower notes...its a GREAT APP.
    Notice: "the turtle scaped" catch it quickly.
    THANX

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add an auto-play feature

Add a feature where you can listen to the song you are about to play played correctly by a robot. It can be very hard to keep up with the white ball, especially during fasts songs. It would be way easier to play to melody by hearing and repeating than to look at the ball all the time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Excelent app, but.......premium + for favourites songs if you want just 1 instrument????

Excelent app, but....Favourites songs just with "Premium +"???? ..........I find total expensive,
    I was total decided to be premium but I just want to play the bass, not others, and if I have to pay the Premium + for the favourites songs when I just want to play the bass......I find that's not good point, and I've seen in several forums yousician has lost lot of customers for that.

If I find a way or any discount I could think about being premium, but not this price.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Activity Report - New stars

Right now you get your time and stars earned. But stars earned does not say much. I'd like to see new stars I've earned, gold and silver, that I didn't have the week before. Because I think this shows actual progress. It shows you now play songs better than the week before. I think it would be great to show and a great and easy indicator of learning to play.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Offline options

An offline option would be greatly appreciated. I regularly spend days at a time out of range and miss my favourite new activity very much. I do play a little from sheet but don't feel my skills are at a level where it gives me the same satisfaction as Yousician.
    Whether it be my list of favorites or recent songs or my current learning stages, having something to work on so I'm not going backwards when I don't have coverage would be great.
    Thanks for the great app, I really do love way it is teaching and inspiring me.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New function for perfectionist guitar players

A mode where the song automatically restarts if a single note is not hit. This mode will be tailored to the perfectionists who are aiming to get all gold stars for their songs. This function can be switched on or off.

I thought of this because I get annoyed with having to manually restart the song when I miss a note or make a mistake, and it gets REALLY annoying

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Vocals - need a "free-form" chase the notes

Layout would be the same, range is user-defined (from A2 to A4, for example), and instead of target bars, you just see the note you're currently singing. Helpful when:
    a) singing classical scales with half-tone stops
    b) practicing "jumps" from one note to another
    c) making sure you're hitting correct notes when you sing a song that's not on Yousician, but you know it's key (which is a big for me, since I'm Russian and we obviously don't sing "Tennessee river" by the fire)

It would be easy to implement, since you already have "Find your vocal range" feature. Just…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ABRSM exam pieces

Hi

As you have so many wonderful pieces, why not add pieces for prestigious exam bodies like ABRSM or Trinity. this can make Yousician App so much popular as thousand of kids giving exam will start using the app

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. popular songs for the normal purchase and not premium.

I wish i could play popular songs without premium

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon