Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

Please make sure you post one idea per suggestion:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Please add more Christian worship music

Please add more Christian praise and worship songs

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Respond to "feature requests"

Respond to these requests. All of them seem wonderful, especially the ones about restoring custom songs.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add a pre-calibration system

Previously, before the song starts, Yousician showed the calibtation screen, where they say that the user should press the coloured keys with the respective finger. But now, that doesn't happens. If Yousician made the pre-calibration system back, this could help users (especially beginners) to posicionate the fingers correctly and it will help them to get ready to the song.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It is extremely hard to scroll through all the new songs

Trying to look through all the new songs and if i want to add one to my favourites, i can accidentally click onto a song, which means i have to start all over again.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add user generated songs again.

I think yousician needs to add user generated songs again! Because i don't like many of the songs on yousician. So please add user generation songs back!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. List the song tempo / rhythm and key

Just showing the tempo (number), rhythm and key for a song. When I'm trying to play a song in Yousician from memory, it would be nice to have this basic info.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make user created songs public

Since the update 2.11 than user created songs are unplayaple. Previously, we were able to play all songs, but now, in Yousician, users that haven't got the Premium+ subscription only can play The Yousicians's songs and their own songs. Yousician users are very unhappy with this. That isn't fair! My idea is to make every song playable by every user, by making user created songs public and making famous songs to not need a subscription to be played. I read some comments about the new updates and I've seen that, in bass, 26% of the top 100 songs are user…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Standard notation to Yousician Voice

Yousician Voice is awesome for learning to sing, but the custom way it displays notes isn’t ideal for learning to sight-sing from standard sheet music. Could you please add a Standard Notation option, like the other instruments have?

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Use BPM to set the tempo of a song

Yousician uses percentage to set the tempo of a song, when in Practice Mode, but I think this is not very relative. Also, it could fumble users. I think using BPM (beats per minute) is better.
    Thus, users can identify the tempo of a song.
    And, users who have Premium or Premium+ can train the song by using a metronome.
    The difference is that, on the normal tempo, the percentage is 100% on all songs, but the BPM is different.
    So, BPM is better than percentage.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. instrument control of app

instead of having to tap on stuff in the app, you should be able to play a note to navigate

note for up

note for down

note for select

note for back

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add speed drills for the guitar

Add more drills to build speed and accuracy.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make your own songs in Yousican

It would be fabulous if we can make our own songs on Yousican. If you also want a chatroom, vote 3 for me and tell others about voting for this idea!

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Have a list of Premium songs.

Unless you specifically know the Premium songs you wish to play there is no search function to list all available. Having this feature would help save time searching for songs/artists that aren't currently available.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Blind accessible for app

I am Legally Blind and I would like to be able to learn with this app. I use Voiceover (a screen reader for iOS) and TalkBack (screen reader for Android) and I would like a way to integrate its use into the app.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Changing music notation for each hand individually (PIANO)

I would like to ask you to create an option to choose, to study with "Sheet" in the right hand and "Enhanced" in the left hand, this way helps to improve the decoration of the notes in the F key. Because I find it easier to read scores in the key of the Sun, in the key of Fa, I do not read quickly. The yousician system allows you to use only one notation for both hands, ideally I could put different notation on each hand. Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please reposition "yousician has trouble hearing your guitar dialog"

When entering practice mode, I stumble every single time over the same inconvinience. Yousician starts playing the song once entering the practice mode immediately. However, my first activity in many cases is adjusting the speed (therefore I am in practice mode). However, as soon as the first notes are coming up (and I am not playing since I want to adjust the speed), the "trouble" dialog immediately appears and... it shadows the speed adjustment button.

I KNOW that you cannot hear me, since I am not playing because I want to adjust the speed. Stopping the song does not make…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Standalone Yousician tab player without course for creating own song library

Many people miss the user created songs with sync to backing tracks. Why not make standalone tab player with note recognition and synced backing tracks for personal use only.

A lot of intermediate players would like to create their own personal library and might not need the course of leaderboards.

The only alternative with sync of mp3 backing has no note recognition and costs $30. Would be great if Yousician released a similar cut down version for personal use. No sharing of song library or course.

I would use both Yousician and a Yousician tab player.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add + and - buttons to set the tempo on Practice Mode

My suggestion was based on the comments for the suggestion "In song practice mode, widen the speed adjustment bar" by Mike, which is avaliable here: https://yousician.uservoice.com/forums/296820-feature-requests/suggestions/33009514-in-song-practice-mode-widen-the-speed-adjustment

The + (plus) and - (minus) buttons should be added to Yousician. These buttons should be "hold it" buttons, what means that these buttons should be buttons where you just have to hold to increase or decrease the tempo faster, instead of tapping them 50 times to reduce the tempo from 100% to 50%, for example. With the actual bar, you take too much time to set the tempo to 82%, for example. Also,…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base