Please make sure you post one idea per suggestion:

Option to toggle the bouncing ball

The bouncing ball is great, but it is too much of a visual aid for keeping the beat.

I would like to have an option to turn it off, and listen to the metronome instead.

71 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dragos shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Henrique commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, sorry, Unanonmyous.
    When I wrote that, I didn't remeber that the is a "Play for Me". When I user Yousician, there was no Metronome function.
    I think that Yousician should be more variate in order to present more possibilities.

• Roman V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such an obvious and essential feature that I'm really puzzled it's not there already. If I could vote twice (or cared enough to mess with cheating the voting system) I definitely would. Just add an option of a default tabulature without timing ball - simple as that.

• Unanonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Henrique, there's a Play For Me and metronome for all songs at least in guitar.

Other than that, there has been some nice features resembling ones that you posted, like those trainers before songs, but they weren't used much, partly probably because they were kinda hidden from the UI. If one can't find the feature, of course it's not going to be used.

• Henrique commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not getting to your idea, so, please answer a question:

If you were the CEO of Yousician, which of the following options will you do in order to enhance music teaching? (You can choose more than one option)

1. Piano
    A. Replace the notes coming with the music sheet
    B. Replace Yousician notation (bars) with the classic notation
    C. Replace the ball by a line. The user should play a note when it touches the line
    D. Add a "Play For Me" feature
    E. Add a metronome function for all the song, not just for the intro
    F. Add note-trainers before starting the song (Yousician shows a note. You have to play that note to go to the next one.)
    G. Add ear-trainers before starting the song (You hear a note. You should identify that note correctly to go to the next one.)
    H. Other

2. String instruments
    B. Replace Yousician notation (bars) with the classic notation
    C. Replace the ball by a line. The user should play a note when it touches the line
    D. Add a "Play For Me" feature
    E. Add a metronome function for all the song, not just for the intro (In these instruments, the frets mark the time signature)
    F. Add note-trainers before starting the song (Yousician shows a note. You have to play that note to go to the next one.)
    G. Add ear-trainers before starting the song (You hear a note. You should identify that note correctly to go to the next one.)
    H. Add chord-trainers before starting the song (Yousician shows a chord. You have to play that chord to go to the next one.)
    I. Add chord ear-trainers before starting the song (You hear a chord. You should identify that chord correctly to go to the next one.)
    J. Other

3. Voice
    B. Add a staff to see the height of the notes (how flat or sharp they are)
    C. Replace Yousician notation (bars) with the classic notation
    D. Add a "Sing For Me" feature
    E. Add a metronome function for all the song, not just for the intro
    F. Add note-trainers before starting the song (Yousician shows a note. You have to sing that note to go to the next one.)
    H. Other

• Stefan Mens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A major problem with Yousician is: The students learn music graphically and not with their ears. They dont play a note rhythmically correct because of what they hear but because of what they see. This is very unmusical and could solved easily by a feature that can switch on/off the white ball. Like this the player has to rely on his ears and count the bars/beats correctly himself.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the bouncing ball that's supposed to keep us in time is very distracting and vague as to when we should strike the note, I would suggest having a static line on the far left side of the screen to indicate when the note should be struck

Feedback and Knowledge Base