Ability to mark songs as Dislike, Exclude, Hide, Permanently skip or set account to preferred type of music
When scrolling through the "New Songs" list, I would like a way to mark songs that I have previously checked out but didn't like or was not interested in. If there was a way to tag these then they could be filtered out or at least marked so I would know not to open it again.
Since the songs show up quite randomly, I find I'm always scrolling through looking for something new that I might be interested in. This will get more tedious than it already is as the collection grows.
Also to add:
-Permanently skip a song or exclude from the syllabuss- some songs don't resonate at all with me so it takes away my joy of playing.
-Set Account To Preferred Type of Music
I had a similar issue with a pseudo-reggie tune on Level 7 lead. I disliked the tune and didn't find it fun to practice. I came up with a workable solution that doesn't require software change:
1. Find other songs in that level and play until I'm proficient. In my case - I decided to work on Level 7 lead of Finger Oil Blues which gave me everything but slides.
2. If I need (and I do not think I'll need) I can find another level 7 lead song, perhaps one that has slides in it. Work on that for awhile.
3. Begin the challenge process to unlock that level without playing the required song.
- Now I can practice a tune I actually enjoy and still get the skill development needed.
There: No software change needed - just moving along the progression. It's not really about the songs, it's about the techniques anyway.
There is, however, good reason to practice songs we don't like - knowing that you can force yourself to work through something uninspiring is good practice. Not every musician loves playing every song he is forced to play.
As Ian Anderson said on the 20th anniversary boxed set: "Here's a song we've been utterly loathe to play for 15 long years, presented to you in a slightly more tricky form to make it a little more fun to play!"
For the record: I loved Sitting on a Park Bench - but I'm a huge Tull fan.
Strong work Yousician!
I'm stuck swamp thang right now! It sucks! Let me skip it please!
I agree with Dave S. I am using Yousician to learn piano and I am currently "stuck" on Molly Malone. I haven't been able to get the rhythm and I don't even like the song. I just listened to it on Youtube to see what it's "supposed" to sound like and I STILL don't get the rhythm and I don't like the song, even when it's played correctly. I'd like to be able to skip this particular song and study another song at the same level to continue my progress.
Some songs are (from my personal point of view) really boring or unpleasant. I also get stucked for weeks because I could get the courage to practice on a song I hated.
I agree that there needs to be some sort of skip function. For example, one skip per group of songs in that lesson. I've also gotten stuck on a song here and there, and the only way to get past it was to take the test to the next level (took 5EVER to pass).
James Neilson commented
Hi, James from Yousician here, thanks for your feedback, and sorry you're not enjoying Sitting On A Park Bench! If you get a chance, could you answer a couple of follow-up questions for me so we can find the best solution?
1. Are you 'stuck' as in you're unable to pass the song, even with 1 star in each part? Or are you able to pass the song, but you don't want to move on until you collect all stars or gold stars?
2. Do you use practice mode to slow songs down and practice in small parts? If so, does this help you learn songs more efficiently?
3. Have you checked out the Songs tab? There are lots of songs available across all sorts of music genres, but do you find it easy to find other songs you like in there?
Dave S commented
The option we need is to be able to skip occasional selections but still move on. In general need to be able to easily add/import content and greatly expand the musical library.
Sadly you're not the only one..
I was stuck with the mission double stop song swamp thang for over a month and it was very depressing considering I practise guitar 2h a day. The songs after that were very easy...
Hi Yousician, I really loved your program and learned a lot until I hit "Sitting on a Park Bench" at level 7. I have been stuck here for weeks. I dislike the song intensely and find it very hard to practice. I have tried every tip for making sure the program recognizes the notes and chords. But I am ready to quit your program for good over it. Why don't you have an option to change to a song I might like and enjoy practicing or even be able to choose a genre stream so I can play music I enjoy and not things as awful as "sitting on a park bench".