Please make sure you post one idea per suggestion:

Please Enable Tempo Filter For Songs

When I get tired of practicing harder songs on a slower tempo, I can continue practicing by switching to an easier faster song to break things up and liven up the session.

However I cant currently search for fast songs, so I have to go through the easy songs one by one and this kills my momentum and motivation to continue.

Please add some sort of filter by speed or bpm to make it easier to switch up the pace. It will increase my learning capability dramatically.

Thank you

76 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alistair Ridley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are other things that would be useful to search by. Tempo, key, if it is melody, chords, riff, bass line, etc. sometimes I am working on my site reading and I just want all melodies. Sometimes I want to practice what yousician calls "upper chords" or something. It'd be nice to be able to search for keywords.

• Henrique commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A new filter can be created for this, to make the search for slow/fast songs easier. I have 2 ideas for this filter: Using tempo words, Adagio (slow songs), Moderato (medium songs) and Presto (fast songs) (or them all) or, using BPM, Less than 60 BPM, 60-80 BPM, 80-110 BPM, 110-130 BPM, 130-150 BPM, 150-170 BPM, 170-200 BPM and More than 200 BPM.

• Alistair Ridley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good point @ Brenden... A sort would also work, or just any way we could quickly get to faster or slower paced songs.

Sometimes Its good to power up and start the day with practice, other times practice is a way to unwind.... Or anything in between :-)

• Brenden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea!! If not a filter per se, at least additional metadata in the songs list would be great. Or a category list (like for genres) for tempo and speed of playing..

Feedback and Knowledge Base