Please make sure you post one idea per suggestion:

Advance search options

I think there should be an advance search function for guitar. For example. Lead and rhythm filters. To help narrow down results for your playing preference.

29 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Josh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lee Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to see all songs available and have more filtering plus sorting i.e. level, artist, path I.e lead or rythmn.
    Also highlight newly added songs, your favourites etc.

• Catherine Bourgeois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example I play bass, I would like to be able to filter if I want melodic bass or full bass. It would help the search function instead of just searching by song genre.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

While playing guitar, it'd be a good idea to find songs by type, for example I'm trying to find songs to play broken chords, but I can't filter them by that, I need to go through all songs and find which ones have broken chords on the description.

Totally agree with this, it would make it a whole lot easier to find new songs that I may have overlooked previously. I would also add that it would be nice to be able to filter out the Yousicians songs if you so choose as there are so many of those.

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to search for songs that would most interest me, and that would be a good match to my skill level. Beyond search by artist and title, and filtering only by up to two levels, I would love to see the following additional types of filters added:
    -genre: rock, blues, country, folk, etc.
    -type of skill: melody, riff, Cowboy chords, power chords, etc.
    -ability to select a skill level range, rather than only two skill levels

This shouldn’t be too hard, because Yousician already has the genres groupings, and labels all the song results with the type of skill each version of a song requires.

Thanks!

• Henrique commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can be added to the Search menu. The should be an additional filter, which is "By learning". Then, you see a menu full of all learning exercises. You choose which do you want and appears a list of songs, only with the capacities you picked. Or, there may be added a filter, which is "By path". You choose which path do you want and it will appear songs using that path. With the level filter, you can find the perfect songs for you or your favourite songs. For example, in guitar, the exercises/learnings could be riffs, chords, scales...

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be great to have a filter in all song views, I know we have the level but this is so limited. Filters should include A: Melody B: Cords C: Riffs
    This seams such a simple and logical filter to have. Suprised it’s not in already

• Jessie Bush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! It’s annoying to finally find the song you want only to find after clicking on it, it isn’t what you were looking for! I went through 5 songs once and each were lead, where I was looking for strumming.

• Amber Leigh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know this has been addressed, but I would like to see some more filter options added to the search.

It would be great to be able to filter songs by certain settings like “Capo” songs and “Alt. Tuning” songs.

The reason I specifically ask this is I have recently had shoulder surgery and can not reach the whole neck of my guitar, so i have specifically been trying to find “Capo” songs to play higher up the neck, and this is how I discovered how frustrating it is to actually do. Beyond typing “Capo” into the search bar and playing some not so great user uploaded songs that had “Capo” in the song title, I then had to manual search through my repertoire to find any Yousician Capo songs I had played previously.. it was very time consuming and inconvenient :(

These simple extra search options would be a blessing for so many people in my position!

• Igorbullz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

add more filteri in "serach songs"

A want play jazz, funk,classic - this ok. I want play songs, added other players (add this folter). A want play not only top, not only "trend" and not only from youtube. Add more filters. I dont want see in tracklist music less then 3 stars. Add this filter too
    Add filters: most played, top rated, fresh added, and menu to select two filters in same time, like "i want play !top rated!+!blues!", i want play fresh added !Funk!, i want play !guitar! !melody!+!blues!+!4 and more stars!, or !bass!+!3 or more stars!+!jazz!
    Thanks and greeting from Ukraine!

I write you because I would like to request a deeper filter in the song list. I really need to filter the songs that have chords that are the songs that I could play. I dont know yet how to play songs with Fretmat instead of chords and it is really anoying to look for them in the list.

Feedback and Knowledge Base