Please make sure you post one idea per suggestion:

Make a subscribtion that includes all popular songs but only includes one instrument.

Because many people like me can't afford to pay for premium+ just to get popular songs. Most people using yousician want popular songs but only want to learn one instrument, so I suggest we have a subscribtion between premium and premium+ which includes all popular songs but only one instrument of choice.

112 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Judi Harba shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ONLY play the guitar and y'all gave me an option premium for guitar only or premium for all instruments. I pd for premium for guitar but it is no different then the free version I am truly disgusted that I gave you 10 bucks for nothing. Really disappointed that I fell for that crap. The free trial has good songs and I should be able to get those with my premium for guitar only. Tell EXACTLY what I get for my money that anybody else cant get for free?

• Woodpecker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't afford premium and only have a guitar subscription. It would be great if even a few popular songs were included. Feels like we're being manipulated to buy premium to get popular songs. It's already expensive for the basic one instrument subscription. I love Yousician but I'd love it more if I could play some popular songs like other apps.

• Henrique commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Replacing subscriptions with packs is a great idea for the users that are cancelling their subscriptions and for who think that their subscriptions have no value and Yousician is a 0.

Here is the list of packs:
    Pack 1 Instrument
    Pack 1 Instrument Pro
    Pack 2 Instruments
    Pack 2 Instruments Pro
    (...)
    Pack 5 Instruments
    Pack 5 Instruments Pro

The Normal Packs offer all advantages of the subscriptions, except for the popular songs, just like in Premium.
    The Pro Packs offer all advantages, just like in Premium+.
    The difference between the packs and the subscriptions is that in the packs, you can choose which instruments do you want and you can't do it in subscriptions.

Last, I want to give credit to tasseb for having this idea.

• Henrique commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Previously, Yousician was focused on helping people learning music, but now it looks like its focus is to make money. Music schools are better. I am in a music school and I can learn music quicklier. In just 1 year I could play some hard songs.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll expand on this to say that I'm much more interested in having (for example) 10 instrument "slots". That could be Guitar for me, piano for me, guitar for daughter 1, guitar for daughter 2, voice for daughter 2 etc. In this way, you're limited but you can get value for MORE THAN ONE PERSON. Premium+ is mega not cheap now, so the odds that I'd buy it for me *and* each of my kids is zero. This means either their lessons / progress are commingled with mine or we find a more family-friendly online resource.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well I have been with them for a while and I think I will knock Yousician on the head when my renewal is due. I don't get it with Premium ( my one) and Premium +. My lessons are suggesting tunes on a tariff I don't even want to use.

But someone has thought "hey this is a good idea to make a lot of money."

Whats next, premium super plus?

Its not about the student anymore. If it was there would be a lot more video tutorials and info on theory etc.

Its sad as I really liked it on here but I guess things change.

• KingGeorg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It’s seems like they really try to milk the cow. It see,s they have now even removed the option to add songs with guitar pro for your own fun. I really don’t no what to think anymore. To top it my screen is now filled with premium + songs I can’t play anyway..yet I’m a 1 instrument subscriber and I really don’t see how I can put up with this any longer. If things don’t improve with this years subscription I’m probably going to cancel my subscription, because I really don’t want to support them anymore at this point.

• Tobi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But please don't make it even more expensive for the full package when changing the subscriptions again...!

• tasseb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
    I totally agree with Judi's idea, I wrote to the customer support for the same reason, and they told me to come here, and check if the proposition already exists, or to create a new one.

I am happy to see that I am not the only one that try to learn to play one instrument, and do not want to pay a premium subscription only to get the popular songs. It's such a lot of work to learn correctly just one instrument, and it's not fair to pay a full service to only use 1 of 6 fonctionalities (I know it's part of a business plan and that's normal Yousician want to make money to live, indeed).
    I am ok to pay a little more to access guitar popular songs, a fair price would be welcome, Yousician team are doing a great job,and I really like the application. Once again, I am using it only for guitar, and do not want to have access to all instruments, as I just want to learn guitar actually.
    The best would be to propose multiple package, for people who do not have the budget.
    It would allow the customer to choose by himself the product or the products he want to subscribe.
    - only 1 instrument
    - 1 intrument + popular songs for this one
    - 1 intrument + 2nd instrument
    - 1 intrument + 2nd instrument + popular songs for both
    - [...]
    - Premium Full (all in one, the most complete and expensive, for people who want to become the new Prince)

Feedback and Knowledge Base