Customize auto tempo settings in Practice mode
I want to change the auto-tempo increase to make it much better for improving practice and accuracy.
The problem is that sometimes moving 5% ahead each time is too much and too fast for a difficult passage or difficult song.
For the tempo, currently there are only two choices, auto-off and auto-on which moves it 5% ahead if you get a certain number of green notes, or stays the same, or slows down if many red notes.
Here's how we change it:
1) Change the "auto increase/decrease percent" e.g. from 1-10%.
2) Change "accuracy to change speed" such as 98% = speed up, below 90% = slow down. Or 85% speed up, 50% slow down.
This combination could lead to things like on an easy song, only increasing speed for 100% accuracy or on a difficult song, increasing speed at 90%. Easy songs could increase tempo at 10% at a time where difficult songs could increase by 1% passages.
3) Auto-Wizard!! Click "auto-tempo wizard" or "smart auto tempo" and it can do these things automatically per your playing. For example, if your accuracy is 100%, it goes up 5% speed. If your accuracy is 95%, it goes up 4% etc. If your accuracy is 75%, it slows down 1% and if 70% it slows down 2% or something like this. So it slows down or speeds up depending on your accuracy. This would basically take what currently exists and making it into a smart tool.
Make auto speeder accesible in practice mode (not under the tempo menu)
Tobias Knobloch commented
A Dynamik Funktion for the practise mode…. Like when I‘m start at 50% speed and a I getting better the speed increases percent per percent everytime I hitting more and more notes. I think that where a thing that can help to learn faster and make more fun. At the moment in full songs I have to put the speed up manually and I think that’s not good for the flow.
Paul White commented
When I start a level 1 song, it will auto increase the difficultly so I have to play more notes or more chords. If I get to a certain level say I go from level 1 to level 5 but can't get better then I can play level 5.
I don't like playing a level 0 song and then looking at the different versions which may go from level 0 to level 3 or 5 for certain parts and then it may go to level 8 full song. That's a big jump. So I'm either playing a song that is too easy or playing a song too hard.
Yes, anyone who is using the "Absolute Accuracy Rule for practising new pieces", would love to be able to customize the algorithm for Auto-Adjust speed.
I speed up the tempo only if I got a piece or segment right 100% five times in a row!
Brian Reisman commented
Put "Auto" option in practice mode back on the Practice screen. I shouldn't have to into "Options" to turn on auto speed increase. Or at least let me default it to always on.
I see there is a better tempo control in what I'm assuming in the Yousician app from update 4.14, but the Piano app still has the tiny slider that is really frustrating. Can you add the updated tempo controls to the Piano app on Android please.
Can a customization of tempo percentage change with inside song as to increase and decrease while song is playing?
Include a button in practice mode (preferably besides speed plus/minus buttons) to activate/deactivate auto speeder with one easy click instead of three clicks (menu -> tempo -> auto speeder). This way the user could directly see if the auto speeder is on or off and also the Tempo could be dropped altogether from the top menu.
Originally described here:
I am reminded of a technique whereby you play a song at a slower than normal tempo until you can play it perfectly 3 times, after which you increase the tempo and keep repeating this until you are at the song’s normal tempo.
Wondering if this can be incorporated into a future version.
When trying to improve a particular section I often run into the problem that the automatic tempo increases if I only make one mistake. Quite often this 1 note is exactly the mistake I want to fix forcing me to manually reset the tempo.
It would really help if one could set the threshold to continue to the next speed to 0 or arbitrarily.
Please allow the tempo to be slowed down all the way to 1% for those really hard passages. Why limit it to 25%?
Yes, for scale and arpeggio practice, it tops out much too slow to use it as a practice tool.
Brezzi Davide commented
Add tempo on practice mode (example 300% or infinite) and add conversion % to bpm. the value max 120% is small for increasing speed on scale and arpeggios.
Rocksmith already has something like this.
But allow us to change some things. Like what percent auto tempo increases/decreases by, and also the threshold at which it increases and decreases.
Also the scroll bar is very difficult to adjust for manual temp control, hard to select a specific tempo, especially because the nature of the iphone is that it starts to open up a menu when you drag near the top of the screen.
Instead, give like a +5 -5 buttons for manual practice quick tempo control. And even an option to type in a number.
- In guitar, in practice mode, there is the auto speed up feature which is great, but I would like to set the threshold, so that I can tell how many errors are permitted before letting to speed up. I feel, that the current setup is too permissive, alas I don't play better, just faster, in some places, and in other places I just skip the tunes which is bad.
- On the other hand, it would be nice to mark the worst parts, and make a button to "practice most errors" or such, complete them to 1 full section and set the trainer in practice mode to practice that one section, just like you do when you manually select the practice part. Thanks. Dgloria
I just think the settings should have an always on option for the auto setting in practice mode