Please make sure you post one idea per suggestion:

Chord Trainer Library

The chord trainer is my favorite mission but there doesn't seem be be a chord trainer library of all the chords you learn as you go.

It would be great to make an easily acessible chord trainer that continuously grows a library of all the chords you have leaned to date.

Right now I have to scroll through missions and find specific chord trainers that only let me practice a portion of the chords I have learned. To have them all in one place would not only make I more challenging it would make this app more addicting!

173 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Pablo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should be usefull to randommise the chords to be played over a certain part of the freet, showing a kind of multiple choice control to allow us to select wich chord (major / minor / m7 / maj7 / ...) and what part of the freet we want to use during the training.

• Henrique commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know if it is on GuitarTuna, but this would be a great feature to add. There should also be added a section where you choose which chords you want to train and a list of songs will appear, using only the chords you picked.

• Brad Wall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If a chord bank is not possible then it would be help a lot to have a list of all the chords that are taught in Yousician. This would make it much easier to reference while trying to memorize the names and shapes.

This would be especially useful for when you are picking chords and it does not tell you what chord the looks like in practice mode. You are unable to find what it looks like unless you go back and find the chord by looking through all the missions and guessing which mission it may be in. It is a very inefficient way just to find the shape of one or two chords.

• Christina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OH MY GOD. Yes. This is seriously one of the most significant aspects that is missing from Yousician. I’ve been looking for an app or something that could do this, but it unfortunately doesn’t exist. Adding similar features for scales and arppegios would also be awesome.THIS FEATURE NEEDS TO BE MADE.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please! I really would like this. The functionality is already there at the end of stages (tests), so surely not that hard to plug in to access anywhere and just widen options for time allowed or sty chords played. No starring, just stats as you go.

PLEEEEEASE!

• Ole Hvid Hansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really helpful when learning the guitar rythm path and helping you concentrate on making chord shapes quickly in random order, I support this idea 100%

• trish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! and one for scales too... I'd like to warm up my fingers with some scales before starting to play, but I don't know many (just one actually) by heart!

Would be great if I could go to a library of them and practice as a warm-up.

• Dawid Szwajca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Mark what software are you using for your chord learning? I'd love to have that feature here in Yousician as well.

• PAULO GIOVANNY SIPAUBA MAGNO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this a billion percent. This feature could be under the workouts sections. You unlock chords as you progress through the rhythm path and they are there to be trained as you wish.

It would be great to be able to select the chords you want to randomize or put in order. Sometimes I just wish to be able to train a specific chord order that I have difficulties

Another feature could be create more complex chords and train them, record them in a chord book and have them available.

• Jbrown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chord libraries with tabs. Include trainer featuring selected chords, ordered chords, and random chords.

• Mike Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been using a different (free!) app as a chord trainer, which necessitates me adding all the chords I've learned in Yousician into it. I generally start each day's guitar practice by reviewing all my learned chords randomly for 10 to 15 minutes before diving into a new Yousician lesson. I would love for this feature to be added to Yousician.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I asked pretty much the same thing and was told this idea existed and to come and vote for it.
    This is what I said:

Hi, when I look at the chord book that came with my ukulele they're different than those on Yousician and different than those in song books/sheets that I've got and so on. For example the sheet I have in front of me from ukuleleclub.org shows B7 using four fingers, as does the sheet that came with my ukulele but in a song I looked at on Yousician it was fingered using fingers on just three strings. I know that there are different ways of fingering chords and positions at which they can be played so I'm not too worried about that. What I did want to do, however, was revise the shapes that I'd learned via Yousician and wanted to see a "chord book" of the chords I had learned so far (the same is true when I was looking at the guitar side of Yousician).

It would be nice if I saw "just the chords you know so far" and that list gets longer each time I learn new ones. Preferably I'd like to print out an image of what I know so far and bring it up on one screen.

The reason is that I'm just getting in to going to a ukulele band evening and when they go to learn a new song it would be handy for me to have a crib sheet of the chords that "I ought to know these ones by now" - then when a song has one or two new chords I only need to familiarise myself with those.

I hope that makes sense!

• James Norton Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good to have the chord trainer in the main menu and have it matched to the players ability. This I think would help before playing songs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base