Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. Musicals genre

Love the format although agree can get tedious when stuck on a particular tune - maybe needs to be alternatives offered after a while to avoid frustration.
    I would love to see a ‘musicals / songs from the shows’ genre as would be popular with many , especially the older groups.

Church music including modern as well as traditional , would be good too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for voting.

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. We do appreciate all songs requests and want to ask you to leave your ideas on our Song Requests forum:
    https://yousician.uservoice.com/forums/916303-song-requests

When doing so, please remember to add one song per idea. If you have multiple songs on your mind, you can definitely create multiple requests.

Keep on rocking!

2. More diverse song categories

The selection you have is great but i do believe you need a broader set of categories, like more classical, for children (both students an parents playing for kids), maybe rancheras/mariachi (great for a level 3/4 in the strumming section), etc
    I know you add more songs often but some areas are completely forgotten :/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for voting.

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. We do appreciate all songs requests and want to ask you to leave your ideas on our Song Requests forum:
    https://yousician.uservoice.com/forums/916303-song-requests

When doing so, please remember to add one song per idea. If you have multiple songs on your mind, you can definitely create multiple requests.

Keep on rocking!

3. Licks

Blues licks to practice bends, Double Stops and other stuff

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Activity Report - New stars

Right now you get your time and stars earned. But stars earned does not say much. I'd like to see new stars I've earned, gold and silver, that I didn't have the week before. Because I think this shows actual progress. It shows you now play songs better than the week before. I think it would be great to show and a great and easy indicator of learning to play.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Thumb picking differently and independent practice

You could mark the thumb part differently, with the same colors, but in a darker shade for example, to make it more understandable, how to play the song.
    And also it would be really goood, if there would be an option to practice the thumb and the other finger part independently, like left/right hand at piano lessons

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please support Vox Amplug for bass.

Please support Vox Amplug for bass. I can hear Yousician, but it can’t hear me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Note Chaser as its own path Note CATCHER!

Hi! Just a quick idea : Note chaser is such a great exercise! It would be a cool feature to have it on its own so you could just run it like a game going through different scales with no other exercises. Thanks for such a great product!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Account preference for notation

I would like to have an account preference for switching notation. As in, i would like the ability to always have a particular notation set when i start a new song. I have seen previous post on this particular issue and they haven't got the votes but i feel its important. I am probably going to stop using the app until this feature is added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. night mode

I like to play before bedtime, but I don't love the light-colored backdrop right before bed. You should have a night-mode option for late night playing with dark colored backdrop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Banjo 5-String: Open A

aEAC#E tuning is commonly used when accompanying a fiddler. Also used for a A-scaled banjos. Cheers!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Vingers as numbers instead of colors

My index finger is finger 1, my middle finger is finger 2, etc. I can't get the colours in my head. When I see a pink bar with a 3 in it, I'm playing a note with my ring finger. And when I suddenly see a blue 5 appear, then it all breaks down since I don't have a 5th finger.
    I'm now stuck on the "four fingers" part in Level 3 because this notation does not work for me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. High score for unique performance, not cumulative performances

Currently, the high score is based on cumulative performances - in theory, this could be from a combination of lots of 'low scoring' performances over a period of time (though not low enough to 'fail' a given song/scale/etc). Would it be better if the high score was based on the users' best unique performance?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make loop station feature

Loop station feature can be very useful for people like me who love to make or cover songs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Tagging and searching for songs based on skills that are practiced

If you are practising in a structured way you will want to focus on specific skills like bends, legato, speed, scales and so on.. Tagging songs (inlcluding Premium+ song) with what skills they require AND making them searchable on these tags would be a great benefit.

In this way I could find only songs for practising hammer ons/pull offs and combine that with the appropriate level of difficulty for my level of playing. This ccould possibly enhance the value of Yousician as a practice tool greatly.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add level and global ranking to the song start screen below your top score

Add level and global ranking to the song start screen below your top score So you don’t need to click through several screens to see rankings before you start a song. Also show a congratulations if your rank improves

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Piano - missed/wrong notes and timing display

It would be nice if you could track the keys actually pressed as - lets say - as an overlay. In this way it would easy to:
    * see timing problems
    * see whether I touched a neighbour key (i.e. when quickly changing chords I often touching a neighbour key - so another chord is detected although the neighbour tone I cant hear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Static Mode!!

I've noticed with learning how to play, sometimes I just have this yearning to see a song in static mode so I can play more at my own pace, kinda like looking at piece of music in its entirety. I find myself going into practice mode and pausing it, trying to master that little section and then trying to drag the little dot at the bottom to the next part. I want to look at it all at once!

I would love this so incredibly much.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Develoup Rich Presence for Discord!

Hey Yousician,

I have recently started practicing the guitar on my computer using Yousician. I works great! But It would be even greater if you developed rich presence for Discord.

Rich presence works by your friends being able to see your progress in Yousician while you have it open.

It’s not necessary, but a very cool feature; and many applications have already done it.

Best regards
    A happy Yousician User.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 8string tunner

This app has 6-7-12 drop d- open tunnings...but not an 8 strings and support the loower notes...its a GREAT APP.
    Notice: "the turtle scaped" catch it quickly.
    THANX

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories