Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. List the song tempo / rhythm and key

Just showing the tempo (number), rhythm and key for a song. When I'm trying to play a song in Yousician from memory, it would be nice to have this basic info.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Timing accuracy stats

I loved the timing accuracy stats that showed up after playing a song. That way I could see my timing improving! This feature seems to be removed in the last update. Please bring it back somehow!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have a phone number for people to call

Post a phone number and actually have a customer support line.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. allow user to choose background color in practice mode

So, When I am trying to practice piano, I either used the enhanced notes or the standard notes. But either way, If you're playing a higher or lower note that goes off the staff, it's impossible to see against such a dark background, especially if you're playing on a small screen like your phone. Also against that dark blue background lines through the notes (like C, for example) are virtually invisible. I don't have this issue in perform mode, because that light blue color is fine. In practice mode, can the color be a lighter color, or allow us to…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Yousician should start providing "stationary" Tab / music notation sheets

Yousician should start providing "stationary" Tab / music notation sheets with each song so that after playing the song normally on Yousician you can go through the song again and get used to playing it by reading the 'stationary sheet ' to get used to real life scenarios.
    I'm aware of the present option to display notes but I'm talking about an option of stationary sheets to read and play in real life scenarios. Maybe you can even print it out !

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Set up a weekly training session

In addition to weekly challenges. A session of chosen length (15, 30, 45 min) where we practice all the skills learnt so far. The player would lose points when skipping the weekly session.

"What do you want to practice for today's session?
    - chord shapes
    - scales
    - songs
    - strumming
    - ..."

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Play notes manually

i would like to sea a practice mode similar to Synthesia, where the note don't move automatically in a timeline, instead if you tap the correct note, the melody get played giving you all the time you need to practice like in this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sch7xzadwQ

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. GuitarTuna: Add Chord Learning Games for Ukulele

Guitar Tuna is amazing, and has games for helping train up your chord switches and recognition. It also recognizes Ukulele tuning and has the already has the chord library for Ukulele. However what it doesn't have is a way to play the chord training games with a ukulele.

Please add support of switching the chord learning games to "ukulele mode".

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Have a list of Premium songs.

Unless you specifically know the Premium songs you wish to play there is no search function to list all available. Having this feature would help save time searching for songs/artists that aren't currently available.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Listen the song with actual Guitar tune

Hi,

Right now Yousician allows to listen the song in practice mode but it does not give an idea like how would it play when some professional play it on guitar.

I think it would be great if you can also start including the actual guitar tune so player can understanding the difference between the way they are playing and how it would play with perfection.

Thanks,

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a pre-calibration system

Previously, before the song starts, Yousician showed the calibtation screen, where they say that the user should press the coloured keys with the respective finger. But now, that doesn't happens. If Yousician made the pre-calibration system back, this could help users (especially beginners) to posicionate the fingers correctly and it will help them to get ready to the song.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have a better rotation system for warm-up and explore parts of the lesson

Every day I play open all night power cords and fret by fret and honestly it I hate those songs now

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Automatic stop after playing the song with possibility to check mistakes

I Would really like to have the following kind of function in Yousician.
    The meaning of this application is that you can learn how to play. And the best way to learn is knowing where you make mistakes.

Now when playing the song and you make mistake, the mistake is marked red on the notes, but when you have finished the song the application automatically clean your mistakes on fretboard and start the song all over again, so you don't have change to analyze what went wrong.

One big help could be the Automatic stop with the end of the…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow user to review song results after Perform

There should be an option to be able to review the song results after Perform. Once finished, you go immediately to the scoreboard and you can't review your misses.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change output device

I find myself changing my computer's default audio when I play so I can hear Yousician through my preferred speakers. I think it would be great if I could choose an output audio device for Yousician.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Reduce sensitivity for E, Em and Am

I am clearly not the only one with recognition problems with these chords.

It is incredibly frustrating, it makes you want to quit and hinders your progress in your missions!!!

I've read all the treads, followed all the advice, paid for a teacher in person to tell me if I am playing them correctly... and nothing

I talked to customer service and they basically told me to switch to electric to PERHAPS get rid of the problem.

That is NOT a solution.

I have no problems with any other, harder chords... so PLEASE DO SOMETHING.
    This is truly annoying.

Thanks

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Sonia,

Thanks for the feedback!

We are constantly working on improving chords recognition and it should be better in the next version of the application.

Have you checked the chord trainers in the Cowboy Chords 1: E, Em, Am mission?

Better recognition could be achieved if you play with a pick, not fingers.

Also short strums over chords are recognized better.

Meanwhile we would recommend to check the following articles:

https://yousician.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201576782-Guitar-problems

https://yousician.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202251492-Setting-up-microphone

https://yousician.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201542312-Testing-Instrument-Input

Cheers,
    Andrew

17. Develop an option to stop the song when wrong note was played

This feature is currently available on the first songs only so it doesn't get too overwhelming for new players. But it is currently not possible to enable the feature on all songs.

But this would be great especially for the small ones. My 4yo loves yousician but he get's too confused when the song doesn't stop.

Please enable this feature for the children, they need it and LOVE IT!

Thanks

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Practise old songs/techniques with no limit on free accounts

To be able to practise songs/exercises/etc that have already been completed when on a free account. New lessons/etc are still daily but the lack of being able to practise newly learnt thing and then using up the daily limit by doing this, rather than new techniques/lessons etc is frustrating and offputting to continue using the app

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Customize auto tempo increase - create an Auto-Tempo Wizard!!

I want to change the auto-tempo increase to make it much better for improving guitar practice and accuracy. I would change it in 3 ways to make it a SUPER valuable too.
    The problem is that sometimes moving 5% ahead each time is too much and too fast for a difficult passage or difficult song.
    For the tempo, currently there are only two choices, auto-off and auto-on which moves it 5% ahead if you get a certain number of green notes, or stays the same, or slows down if many red notes.
    Here's how we change it (create a pop-up…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. add a timer before you resume

add a timer (e.g 3 secs) before you resume so that you can get ready to continue and not miss a note. at the moment if you pause in the middle of the song and then resume, you always missed the next beat cos it starts intermediately.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base