Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. Scales Section

It would be great to have a section where users could access major, minor, and pentatonic scales in various positions on the fret board for daily practice. It could be labeled "scales" right next to "songs", with a library of scales to play, and maybe even a randomly generated mix called, "daily scale exercise," at the top.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. European scale: do, re, mi....

Being able to change in between both as I learned with the second one and it's like learning from scratch :/

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Different Colour for Early and Late

When the notes start coming faster it's hard to tell whether your being docked for being too early or too late on a note. A simple solution would be to have the text for early and late be a different colour.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Respond to "feature requests"

Respond to these requests. All of them seem wonderful, especially the ones about restoring custom songs.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Partner with Musicnotes for a larger selection of songs

Please consider partnering with online sheet music sites such as http://www.musicnotes.com/ or http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/ to enable Yousician users to purchase songs and play them within the application.

RockSmith partnered with Guitarcenter and were able to add many songs from different genres to their catalog.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Standard notation to Yousician Voice

Yousician Voice is awesome for learning to sing, but the custom way it displays notes isn’t ideal for learning to sight-sing from standard sheet music. Could you please add a Standard Notation option, like the other instruments have?

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to change the finger color coding

In some cases the finger color coding is not optimal. It would be good to have the option to change the colors according to your playing style. This is especially useful for imported songs. It can be annoying to see the wrong colors and it takes away concentration.

You can always include the option 'reset to default'.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Just Play, Play Correct, Play Perfect option

I would like to see an option added to the settings.

Play Correct - when enabled it should restart the song or part of the song I am playing whenever I hit the wrong note, timing is not an issue.
    Play Perfect - when enabled it should restart the song or part of the song I am playing whenever I hit a note at the wrong moment or just the wrong note

Something like

Code: Select all

Play Mode: - Just Play

- Play Correct
    - Play Perfect

This will be a great help when trying to get high score…

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Voice Commands for Starting, Restarting etc.

Since Yousician is already listening for notes it would be great if would respond to voice commands like Start, Pause, Restart. As a total noob, and maybe because I'm older (58), I feel like I need to rush to pick up my pick and get it positioned before the first note. It does help that we can pause/un-pause by tapping the space bar instead of gripping the mouse but just saying Start etc would be soooo much easier.

Windows 10 does have built in voice command ability. I suppose some of us might need to train it for those few…

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Better Practice Mode

1. An option to review the specific sections of a song you made mistakes in and replay those sections instead of the entire song. (Including a non-tempo version where you just have to play the notes in order to establish muscle memory before keeping tempo)

2. The option for the song to not speed up in auto play until you get ALL of the notes right.

3. The ability to review why you got a specific note or chord wrong - way to early or late, wrong note, etc.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Various speed levels for Scale/Appregio workouts

It would be great to have multiple speed levels for scale and appregio workouts (up to lighning fast). For example there could be five (or six) speed levels and you have to unlock the next one be getting all Gold-stars on your current level.

Also add workouts for more scales (like harmonic minor and non-diatonic scales) and diminished appregios.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Log G Tuning for Ukulele

Low G Tuning for Ukulele Please???? I have 4 Uke's but 4 of them are Low G tuned. So I use the app with the only one not Low G tuned. It would be great to use the App with the option to play in Low G..

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. More bass content.

Please add more levels and it would be cool if the bass had scales you could learn like the guitar does.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Guitalele or transpose songs for guitalele

Would be great if we could transpose song (4 fret higher) to use with a guitalele. Or have a guitalele option. Seems There is a few people asking about in on the web but the idea is still not logged here

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Weekly challenge for Premium+ songs

For those of us who are motivated by some healthy competition the weekly challenges are a big part of what makes Yousician fun. So when playing the Premium+ songs you sort of miss the competition a bit.

Adding another weekly challenge for Premium+ songs shouldn't require too much development work. And it would also be a great way to introduce new Premium+ songs.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Skill Test Guitar Chords BEFORE Song

Please, please, please x1000 make the guitar chord trainers -the ones under the skill tests where you have to play chords in a random order on a time limit - available BEFORE you have to play some crazy song to unlock it.

Let me explain why this would be an extremely good idea by explaining the situation I am currently in.

So I just unlocked rhythm level 6 (the one where you now have to learn Fancy Chords and Big Riffing), and I am simply overwhelmed by all the new chords I have to memorize to play the new songs…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improvisation genres

Learn to improvise and play different genres.

i. e. a couple of levels for blues improvisation, a couple of levels for rock improvisation, for funk, for jazz, etc.

I want this for ukulele but I guess it would be great for all instruments.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Tailor lessons to a user's tastes

I'm an older man and really dislike some of the modern rock. I prefer classic rock, folk, jazz, and so on. It would be really nice to have lessons tailored to my tastes.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to mark songs as Dislike, Exclude or Hide

When scrolling through the "New Songs" list, I would like a way to mark songs that I have previously checked out but didn't like or was not interested in. If there was a way to tag these then they could be filtered out or at least marked so I would know not to open it again.

Since the songs show up quite randomly, I find I'm always scrolling through looking for something new that I might be interested in. This will get more tedious than it already is as the collection grows.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base