Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. Learn to play independently

The biggest complaint you hear about Yousician is that it only teaches you to play along with the bouncing ball and not really play on your own.

It would good to have one or two songs in each mission where sections are repeated note for note but where the tab and bouncing ball disappear for while you play the repeated part. That would force us to get comfortable committing songs to memory and getting our time nailed with the tab/ball assisting us. The repeated sections could get longer as skills develop.

I try to do this now by forcing myself…

169 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. mini games for all instrument and ideas for knowledge path.

mini games such as ear trainer, combos with various chords, Simon Says , one method to learn notes on the fretboard and many games . These games will help us to improve our ear , memory , speed et cetera. Additionally, I would like to there are many exercises about with videos in the knowledge path. e.g. names of the strings . Nice video but I want to be added many exercises about this and every video in the knowledge path which we are eagerly awaiting it.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sing along while playing instrument

I would like to be able to practice singing while playing an instrument. I think a karaoke-like interface combined with the instrument tablature would be useful. I don’t need the singing to be graded, but I think being able to compare the instrument playing scores with and without singing would be useful.

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add Android support for Real Tone guitar cable

Using an OTG Micro USB adapter, I'm able to connect my Real Tone cable to my Android phone. It's detected by the kernel and Linux subsystem, but it appears the Unity Android app only supports the "Device microphone"

Relevant logcat output:
    02-22 19:52:36.632 2279 3448 V WiredAccessoryManager: Headset UEVENT: {SUBSYSTEM=switch, SEQNUM=127193, ACTION=change, SWITCHSTATE=1, SWITCHNAME=usbaudio, DEVPATH=/devices/virtual/switch/usbaudio}
    02-22 19:52:36.632 2279 3448 V WiredAccessoryManager: newName=usbaudio newState=4 headsetState=4 prev headsetState=0
    02-22 19:52:36.632 2279 3448 I WiredAccessoryManager: MSG
    NEWDEVICESTATE
    02-22 19:52:36.633 2279 2279 V WiredAccessoryManager: headsetName: connected
    02-22 19:52:36.634 1865 3445 D APM::AudioPolicyManager: setDeviceConnectionState() could not find HW…

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please Enable Tempo Filter For Songs

When I get tired of practicing harder songs on a slower tempo, I can continue practicing by switching to an easier faster song to break things up and liven up the session.

However I cant currently search for fast songs, so I have to go through the easy songs one by one and this kills my momentum and motivation to continue.

Please add some sort of filter by speed or bpm to make it easier to switch up the pace. It will increase my learning capability dramatically.

Thank you

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. baritone

I would love to see Yousician support the Baritone Ukulele.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Voice control

I'd like to be able to navigate the gui with voice commands. Would free up myhands from awkwardly reaching for the controls while holding an instrument.

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to toggle the bouncing ball

The bouncing ball is great, but it is too much of a visual aid for keeping the beat.

I would like to have an option to turn it off, and listen to the metronome instead.

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Technical path with different technical exercises

I think, that Yousician needs to have the separate technical path with some exersises (not melodys). For example, playing different scales, sequences, arpeggios or educational musical passages. Exercise for the development of motor skills of fingers, rhythm, dynamics and other. By performing these exercises, users will be able to raise their technical level of the guitar.
    Technical path will not be mandatory. Who do not want to do these exercises - may continue to play in other paths (lead and rhythm), that will not be blocked.
    Now Yousician have some exercises (they are in Trainers inside all sections), but these…

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to mark songs as Dislike, Exclude or Hide

When scrolling through the "New Songs" list, I would like a way to mark songs that I have previously checked out but didn't like or was not interested in. If there was a way to tag these then they could be filtered out or at least marked so I would know not to open it again.

Since the songs show up quite randomly, I find I'm always scrolling through looking for something new that I might be interested in. This will get more tedious than it already is as the collection grows.

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. instrument control of app

instead of having to tap on stuff in the app, you should be able to play a note to navigate

note for up

note for down

note for select

note for back

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Numbers instead of colours is a must for piano.

People learning piano are used to numbers instead of colours for finger selection. Using colours when you are used to numbers is quite confusing.

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Possibility to control guitar/bass/piano/uke volumes on backing tracks

Let's say I play a guitar song for the first time, having a guitar perfectly recorded playing that part in the mix is nice to have an idea of how I'm supposed to sound. but once I learned it, it would be great if I could control that guitar track volume with a slider, even mute it, so I can hear all the details of my playing in the mix.

These backing tracks with the guitar playing the same notes tend to mask mistakes that would be heard otherwise.

this feature could be implemented automatically to the instrument one is…

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adding more plans to yousician

Idea is to have more options on available plans. Add more plans, like daily, weekly, weekend, etc. Not everyone can afford price for monthly plan, and nor everyone have enough of time to play for whole paid month. It is better to pay and activate plan with more precise timings, when you now that you will use that paid time efectively for sure.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Instead of having to keep up with the tempo, give the option to practice accuracy

So the song only moves forward if I get the notes correct

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. In song practice mode, widen the speed adjustment bar

There's no GUI reason why the speed adjustment bar is so tiny. It typically takes about 10 tries to get close to a speed you want. Triple its width to make it more user friendly.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. More advanced music theory

Love the idea, but doesn't have much to offer an intermediate player looking to become more advanced (other than learning complex songs). Adding more scales (modes), arpeggios, and sight reading exercises.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Acoustic

Could you create a path for acoustic guitar or create more exercises relevant to acoustic guitars on the lead path? Some of the current levels require hammers, picks, and legato slides that cannot be performed as well on acoustic guitars. Thanks!

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. TABS for the songs in the missions.

Why aren't there any tabs for each song to look at? for example in the "details"-menu. It would make practicing and remembering them alot easier i think, if one could look at the song as a whole, not just as it flies across the screen. I'm on level 7 now and i don't think i remember 1 complete song from the missions..:/ - jaxxxn

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fretboard trainer

It would be nice to have a fretboard training option.
    a little game that shows a certain fret on a certain string and that asks you what note it is. Or vice versa, the app asks to play a certain note on a certain string

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base