Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. Learn to play independently

The biggest complaint you hear about Yousician is that it only teaches you to play along with the bouncing ball and not really play on your own.

It would good to have one or two songs in each mission where sections are repeated note for note but where the tab and bouncing ball disappear for while you play the repeated part. That would force us to get comfortable committing songs to memory and getting our time nailed with the tab/ball assisting us. The repeated sections could get longer as skills develop.

I try to do this now by forcing myself…

144 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yousician team should be more active with the community

I find it very surprising that Yousician can afford not to actively foster the community of users and customers they have. I don't really see any comments from the Yousician staff to any of these ideas posted by users (it's free product development feedback!), nor do I see Yousician being active on the discussion forums. I understand that some decisions like removing the user generated content may not have been popular, but typically I would at least expect some basic level of decency with a proper thank you for the feedback even if there are no plans to react as…

135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Android support for Real Tone guitar cable

Using an OTG Micro USB adapter, I'm able to connect my Real Tone cable to my Android phone. It's detected by the kernel and Linux subsystem, but it appears the Unity Android app only supports the "Device microphone"

Relevant logcat output:
    02-22 19:52:36.632 2279 3448 V WiredAccessoryManager: Headset UEVENT: {SUBSYSTEM=switch, SEQNUM=127193, ACTION=change, SWITCHSTATE=1, SWITCHNAME=usbaudio, DEVPATH=/devices/virtual/switch/usbaudio}
    02-22 19:52:36.632 2279 3448 V WiredAccessoryManager: newName=usbaudio newState=4 headsetState=4 prev headsetState=0
    02-22 19:52:36.632 2279 3448 I WiredAccessoryManager: MSG
    NEWDEVICESTATE
    02-22 19:52:36.633 2279 2279 V WiredAccessoryManager: headsetName: connected
    02-22 19:52:36.634 1865 3445 D APM::AudioPolicyManager: setDeviceConnectionState() could not find HW…

127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please Enable Tempo Filter For Songs

When I get tired of practicing harder songs on a slower tempo, I can continue practicing by switching to an easier faster song to break things up and liven up the session.

However I cant currently search for fast songs, so I have to go through the easy songs one by one and this kills my momentum and motivation to continue.

Please add some sort of filter by speed or bpm to make it easier to switch up the pace. It will increase my learning capability dramatically.

Thank you

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. baritone

I would love to see Yousician support the Baritone Ukulele.

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sing along while playing instrument

I would like to be able to practice singing while playing an instrument. I think a karaoke-like interface combined with the instrument tablature would be useful. I don’t need the singing to be graded, but I think being able to compare the instrument playing scores with and without singing would be useful.

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Technical path with different technical exercises

I think, that Yousician needs to have the separate technical path with some exersises (not melodys). For example, playing different scales, sequences, arpeggios or educational musical passages. Exercise for the development of motor skills of fingers, rhythm, dynamics and other. By performing these exercises, users will be able to raise their technical level of the guitar.
    Technical path will not be mandatory. Who do not want to do these exercises - may continue to play in other paths (lead and rhythm), that will not be blocked.
    Now Yousician have some exercises (they are in Trainers inside all sections), but these…

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. instrument control of app

instead of having to tap on stuff in the app, you should be able to play a note to navigate

note for up

note for down

note for select

note for back

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Possibility to control guitar/bass/piano/uke volumes on backing tracks

Let's say I play a guitar song for the first time, having a guitar perfectly recorded playing that part in the mix is nice to have an idea of how I'm supposed to sound. but once I learned it, it would be great if I could control that guitar track volume with a slider, even mute it, so I can hear all the details of my playing in the mix.

These backing tracks with the guitar playing the same notes tend to mask mistakes that would be heard otherwise.

this feature could be implemented automatically to the instrument one is…

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adding more plans to yousician

Idea is to have more options on available plans. Add more plans, like daily, weekly, weekend, etc. Not everyone can afford price for monthly plan, and nor everyone have enough of time to play for whole paid month. It is better to pay and activate plan with more precise timings, when you now that you will use that paid time efectively for sure.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Numbers instead of colours is a must for piano.

People learning piano are used to numbers instead of colours for finger selection. Using colours when you are used to numbers is quite confusing.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to toggle the bouncing ball

The bouncing ball is great, but it is too much of a visual aid for keeping the beat.

I would like to have an option to turn it off, and listen to the metronome instead.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. In song practice mode, widen the speed adjustment bar

There's no GUI reason why the speed adjustment bar is so tiny. It typically takes about 10 tries to get close to a speed you want. Triple its width to make it more user friendly.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Acoustic

Could you create a path for acoustic guitar or create more exercises relevant to acoustic guitars on the lead path? Some of the current levels require hammers, picks, and legato slides that cannot be performed as well on acoustic guitars. Thanks!

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. TABS for the songs in the missions.

Why aren't there any tabs for each song to look at? for example in the "details"-menu. It would make practicing and remembering them alot easier i think, if one could look at the song as a whole, not just as it flies across the screen. I'm on level 7 now and i don't think i remember 1 complete song from the missions..:/ - jaxxxn

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Colour/theme options (since update 2.58)

The new pastel colours are terrible with update 2.58. The green and aquamarine blue (thumb and ring fingers) now look nearly identical which makes it really hard to play! Allow users to go back to the old colour scheme or allow users to choose the individual colours they want to use per finger and provide a full colour palette to choose from.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. It would be nice to be able to calibrate the game for better timing / note & chord recognition

Not every laptop / phone process hits at the same speed. It would be nice to be able to calibrate the game to match your device's capabilities. When I play with the music, it says every note is late. I have to play faster than the music for it to recognize it as on time. Also, chord recognition and note recognition do not work perfectly even during times when I know I hit the right note(s). A better calibration feature for both guitar and piano would be awesome! Great job otherwise!

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fretboard trainer

It would be nice to have a fretboard training option.
    a little game that shows a certain fret on a certain string and that asks you what note it is. Or vice versa, the app asks to play a certain note on a certain string

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Complete Sheet music path

I wish there would be a complete sheet music path starting from scratch and as fully developed as the tab option (guitar).

The problem with the sheet music option that you have now is that it's based off tab so in the first lesson I'm already playing sharps and flats which is extremely difficult​ for beginners.

This would extremely helpful and I believe would take your app to a whole new level.

Thank You! Hope to hear from you soon!!!

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Keyboard shortcuts! To move forward and backward, change the tempo, the notation, metronome, for everything ideally.

R for restart and P for perform/practice are appreciated. But please, more shortcuts! Left and right arrows to move forward and backward, up and down arrows for the tempo. N for notation. H for hand. F for play for me. M for metronome. S for mute song. Thanks!

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base