Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Having problems and/or need technical assistance? Visit our Help Center and get in touch with our support team.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. transpose posibility for songs with cowboy chords

I'd like to have a possiblility to transpose songs with cowboy chords to other scales. Just to learn more Chord combinations. Songs like bling bling star, easy chords! But why not in other scale, to have a possiblility to play this with other chords?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Leaderboard instrument filter

Please add a filter in leaderboard to choose the instrument the user actually plays. I play piano only and in leaderboard my score is counted together with all other instruments. We both know we can’t compere apples with avocados, right? Not only for accuracy reason to see amongst other piano players how I managed my score, but also for motivational reason as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Gamification suggestion

Please add as daily or weekly more gamification options.
    I can suggest for piano the following;
    Out of 10 tries, the user will find the note, chord and even a scale on what is requested on the screen. The faster the user plays the requested note or chord the better the score will be. Example; let’s say on the screen on my first try is requested to play chord Dm . The score will be counted based on accuracy/ time spent to play the chord. If the user plays correctly or fails to play the chord, the game continue to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Piano chords inversion

In piano lessons we get to play chords inversion from the very begin without any introduction of what actually means and how useful is.
    Please add in lessons (not in workouts only) the introduction of chords inversion before we start playing those chords. When i learned cmajor in root key the next song was with C maj in inversion 1. Was very confusing and I start searching on internet why I played that chord in such way…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Piano Scales learning before chords.

Please add in learning as must have at least the major and minor scales. In workout you have only the chords within the scale. Music is mathematics. We can’t learn mechanical some chords without knowing the entire scale of those chords. Also the chords within a scale shall be a must have and not only optional in workout. We learn notes from C4 to C5, let’s say, and than we learn that those notes are part of one scale. Than within this C scale there are chords we must learn… in a logical form.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Heckling

How about an option to turn on “heckling mode”.
    Instead of saying “well done, you can continue to the next exercise”, when you know you clearly sucked and only scraped through; it could say something like “you’ve got zero rhythm”, “are you sure that’s a guitar you’re playing “, is that guitar even in tune!” etc.
    I only suggest this because there’s some songs that I wonder how I’m even allowed to continue to next exercise on, when I know that I clearly sucked! lol

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. keyboard shortcuts/chord shortcuts

I like pressing space to pause and r to restart. There should be a list of all shortcuts or hit the first letter (s for skip) of what you want to do.I wish I didn't need to hit skip to bypass chords at the start. I would like to have to use keyboard and mouse less.
    Could use chords to skip menus (play Em to advance, Am to go back) so I can kind of use guitar to navigate and not have to lean over to reach mouse.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. scales, chords and arpeggios

I am aware there is a section for scales in workouts, but there needs to be much more in depth learning here. Workouts that include similar and parallel motion in octaves, contrary motion, separated by thirds, sixths, triads, arpeggios etc. Scales are the foundation for all playing and as an app that is supposed to help people learn, these foundations should be a
    major part of a learning app (even if its just for the premium members). I enjoy the fun, popular songs that get people interested, but some people want more theory and foundational work which is lacking here.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Piano Notation

Have a fourth notation option of enhanced sheet. Notation is visible, with note names on the notes as a way to enhance learning of note names as well as proper counting with playing. (If this were physical sheet music, I could just write the note names on the sheets) To add more to this, give an option of just having the note names on sheet with either just bass or treble clef. some people have prior music experience with other instruments and just need a bit of a nudge with one or the other clefs and having this option would…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. More instruments to learn

I would like if it has more instruments for us to learn like lyre harp, flute and more I hope to get updated soon

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ideas on expanding the star system and incorporating a spaced repetition

For example. We get gold stars for completing the song part my part. Yet there's no star award for getting perfect all the way through. Maybe we should add a part where if you can play through the whole song perfectly, not only will you get gold stars, but you get like a star medal or something.
    Also, this I believe is especially true for the workout sections. Scales, chords, ect.. There should be some sort of spaced repetition for these. These are the kind of things that do need to be memorized, and it would be cool to see…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sheet Music Creator/Editor

Add a sheet music editor so user upload their own original songs

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add an option to skip Missions and go directly to learning the videos (if the user wants to)

It would be nice if people were able to skip missions. Not everyone likes the missions, but rather they just want to learn an instrument.

It may be fun for some, but frustrating for others if they can't seem to move past the mission(s).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add an option to skip Missions and go directly to learning the videos (if the user wants to)

It would be nice if people were able to skip missions. Not everyone likes the missions, but rather they just want to learn an instrument.

It may be fun for some, but frustrating for others if they can't seem to move past the mission(s).

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. yousician for band

Do it for band teachers and students. I am in band and would like it for band. Make it so teachers can assign songs and lessons for students.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Chord names in standard notation mode

Please include chord names on top when in standard notation along with note names. This makes chord fingering and memorization much faster. Thank you
    FF

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stop Yousician ignoring People ideas, Lets make this comment cosmic high!!!

Lets make this comment cosmic high, get your friends, family, dog and cat to vote for this so they listen for once, or go and shame them on media! Because enough is enough, there is so many features that is easy to code and just ignored, it ****** me off, like simple function to zoom in and zoom out tabs? How hard is to make this? Come on! Instead of earning Millions and buying expensive houses and cars maybe some useful updates?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)