Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. I made a payment and did not work

I purchased a yearly premium + and it didn’t work but it said I payed for it already and I can’t get my money back

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to mark songs as Dislike, Exclude or Hide

When scrolling through the "New Songs" list, I would like a way to mark songs that I have previously checked out but didn't like or was not interested in. If there was a way to tag these then they could be filtered out or at least marked so I would know not to open it again.

Since the songs show up quite randomly, I find I'm always scrolling through looking for something new that I might be interested in. This will get more tedious than it already is as the collection grows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Account preference for notation

I would like to have an account preference for switching notation. As in, i would like the ability to always have a particular notation set when i start a new song. I have seen previous post on this particular issue and they haven't got the votes but i feel its important. I am probably going to stop using the app until this feature is added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. night mode

I like to play before bedtime, but I don't love the light-colored backdrop right before bed. You should have a night-mode option for late night playing with dark colored backdrop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. GuitarTuna App: Fretboard Memorization Games

I would suggest adding games which teach people to memorize the individual notes on the fret board.

While existing games are great for learning some new chord shapes, these overlook the fundamentals of knowing which notes are incorporated in which chords.

I think that having individual games for each string of the instrument, or different games for different tunings as well, would be a great addition.

What I imagine is that, for a guitar in standard tuning, game 1 could offer up a fret number on the 6th string, and then the user selects the correct note name. At first…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Different Instruments on Different Platforms

I use Yousician on multiple platforms (Mac/PC/iOS). Each one is set up for a particular instrument. When I change instrument on one platform, the others change too. I'd like the instrument selection to be saved on each platform so that I don't have to keep switching when I change platforms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Banjo 5-String: Open A

aEAC#E tuning is commonly used when accompanying a fiddler. Also used for a A-scaled banjos. Cheers!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Vingers as numbers instead of colors

My index finger is finger 1, my middle finger is finger 2, etc. I can't get the colours in my head. When I see a pink bar with a 3 in it, I'm playing a note with my ring finger. And when I suddenly see a blue 5 appear, then it all breaks down since I don't have a 5th finger.
    I'm now stuck on the "four fingers" part in Level 3 because this notation does not work for me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New Songs, give us options!!

Give the community several options as to what songs they might want added next. There are many classic songs that starters want to learn e.g., new pianists will want to learn Elton John, everyone on guitar wants to learn Wonderwall. These are just avenues people go down when they first start learning an instrument. Also, there are hardly any metal songs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. SKIP update or UPDATE LATER option

Updating takes a lot of time and often ruins the app on certain windows devices instead of improving it. It takes ages to get a fix (I am talking from experience). Please add a SKIP or UPDATE LATER (whatever you want to call it) button on the little window with progress of sucking the new update. I want to update YS app when I am sure that it works fine on my windows. It should be easy for devs to implement - and will help a lot

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. High score for unique performance, not cumulative performances

Currently, the high score is based on cumulative performances - in theory, this could be from a combination of lots of 'low scoring' performances over a period of time (though not low enough to 'fail' a given song/scale/etc). Would it be better if the high score was based on the users' best unique performance?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow user to change/select different keys when using scale workout

Guitar scale workouts are all usually based around the 5th fret - it'd be really useful for familiarity with different areas of the fretboard if, after selecting which scale you wish to 'workout', you have the option to select which key you'd like to practice/play in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Midi guitar support

Simply don't hide midi option in guitar mode. Should be easy probably? Or at least give us an option to enable it :) Connecting ipad to pc or routing vst's around just to get sound to yusician is so backwards. Thank you!
    Or, well, maybe user is following a guitar cource with a midi keyboard, why hide midi option anyway?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Major and Minor Scale Singing Exercises

In Yousician Voice under Learn -> Singing Scales, there are a variety of exercises for singing scales and most of the modes. Remarkably, the most commonly used scales are missing: Major, Natural Minor, Harmonic Minor and Melodic Minor. There are exercises for singing the first few notes, but not the whole scales. Notably there are exercises for singing all 8 notes of most of the modes (except for Aeolian); but not the scales. Please add them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Prevent Windows screen saver from activating

Prevent Windows screen saver from activating.

If you are trying to level up in Practice Mode and don't touch the keyboard/mouse your screen saver can activate.

Either prevent the screen saver from triggering or at least pause the program if the screen saver kicks on!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. STOP ASKING ME IF I WANT A CERTIFICATE!

How many times are you going to interrupt my lessons to ask me that? How many times do I have to hit “No”?! KNOCK IT OFF!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Give us a way to back out of chord trainer.

Why is there no way to stop the chord trainer once it starts? I hate sitting there waiting for it when I’ve already screwed it up and want to restart. Also, give us time to get our damn hands back on the fretboard. How am I supposed to start the trainer and play IMMEDIATELY?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Band codes

Friends could send "band codes" which they could connect together and play the same song together

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 40 41
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base