Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. Song suggestions

I would love a function to suggest new songs. Sometimes I hear a song on the radio and I'd love a place to learn how to play it. If the song isn't on the app, instead of "no results found" it'd be nice to have a button that says suggest it to be added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. gustaría que huviera accesibilidad para ciegos, Guitar tuna, Carese al 100% de inaccesibilidad. Ciegos agradecerían que lo tomen en cuenta

Improve the application for the blind. Guitar tuna, Carese at 100% accessibility. you would help us to be independent; Blind people would appreciate you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add more songs to the library

There are already some really cool ones, but imo it could use some more progressive rock/metal songs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Composer son morceau

Bonjour

Je trouve cette application extraordinaire et fantastique.

Je voulais savoir si par la suite vous aviez pensées a ajouter une option pour composer nos propres morceaux de musique ?

Merci pour votre réponse

Je veux vous encourager à perfectionner votre projet Yousician, votre idée est fantastique, je veux souligner et célébrer votre créativité c'est extraordinaire bravo les gars.

Thank you for existing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Toggle Mic Playback

I've had an issue that's been bugging me for a while. While playing I'll hear fan noise and realize that Yousician is playing my mic audio back to me as well as the song I'm on, I don't like this or need this. I can hear myself with or without headphones on. The only way I've been able to temporarilly turn this off is by clicking mixer, then clicking the half white half black calibration circle and clicking off to the side when it goes to calibrate the audio. This is on Windows by the way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Practice mode addition

Hello hope all is well no issue wit the app. I absolutely love it. I would like to offer an idea that I’m not sure exist but may be very helpful especially for me. I think if you guys could add in a “wait for me” setting for learning newer or even more advanced songs especially would greatly help. Like when you enter practice mode if you miss a few notes and try to get back on track it’s difficult with the sheet music moving. With a wait for me setting the sheet music would not move until it heard…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adding Mandolin Lessons

Hello, we all are aware that mandolins have grown a lot in demand but I was heartbroken to discover that there are no lessons mandolin in yousician app. Kindly add the lessons as soon as possible it will be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teaching hand stretches at the beginning (guitar)

I wish you would have teached about hand stretching firts, because I felt like my hands weren’t flexible enough for the chords. After I found video about hand stretching, my hands are very flexible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Include Additional Effects for Guitar

Would be great to have effects like reverb, delay and better distortion to closer emulate guitar tones on the songs in Yousician.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Proper piano synth to replace the lackluster one for playing with MIDI keyboard

TL;DR Yousician's piano synth is terrible. There's a reason for it that makes as little sense as its design. Yousician needs a piano synth that works well.

Now for the longer version:

Currently Yousicians' piano synth doesn't adjust the amplitude of sample playback with note input velocity. This makes it sound quite bad.

The problem seems to lie in sound font playback. Ys does know the velocity, but it doesn't really do anything sensible with it.

This makes the internal synth totally useless for any serious learning. Given the sheer amount of people with midi keyboards I fail to see…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Guitar App

guitar app My idea is totally crazy, but it can work, creating an application to play the guitar helps beginners and any guitarist in general, the application can be by voice, it means that I can think of a phrase or some solo and I sing it or humming through the microphone and the application recognize what notes they are, in what string and on what fret, that could be the main function, if you are interested in contacting because I would like to be part, thank you for your attention and good day ,I don't know if someone came…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Arpeggio tab

I think they could make a tab in the app to learn arpeggios.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Preview music before playing

I would love an option to see and listen to music BEFORE attempting to play it for the first time. This would be particularly helpful for selecting challenge and premium+ songs to try. thanks

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. no scroll option

the app makes you lazy about tracking where you are on the page.

please can there be an option for the music to be static and you have to keep track of where you are yourself, a bit more like traditional learning.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve the tempo slider

The tempo slider is a bit annoying for two reasons: when you try to set the tempo, your finger covers most of it making adjustment harder, and the first tap changes the tempo immediately.

There are already ideas about making it bigger, but I don't think it really solves the usability issues. It would be great if you could leave the current tempo in place if I start dragging it. This way I wouldn't have to aim for the right place immediately - just swipe left at any place of the slider to slow down and right to speed up.…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. East Bound and Down - Jerry Reed

Great guitar in this classic! And Smokey and the Bandit fans would love to be able to shred this one.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show picking direction (lead guitar)

It would be helpful if there was a small arrow next to the notes that show if the string should be picked with an upward or downward stroke.

That way, the player can see whether he should use economy picking, alternate picking or some other combination in more complex songs.

It would be a great tool since inexperienced players wouldn't have to guess how to play a certain part.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 49 50
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base