Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. the ability to make set lists

you should be able to put multiple songs in a set list that would play them all in a row

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How to help memorise tunes

I love Yousician, it's improved my bass playing enormously over the past year. However, one thing I noticed is that it doesn't help me to memorise tracks: without the app in front of me, I'm suddenly clueless how to play songs that I've played a million times.
    This is such a vital part of any musician's life, therefore it'd be great if Yousician could encourage memorising tracks a bit more. A couple of suggestions:
    1) Get rid of the synth background music which plays immediately following a song! This is the best time to go over riffs which you've just…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow musician as a source for GarageBand on ios

Be able to use Yousician as an instrument in the inter-app audio for GarageBand in iOS to make it easier to record songs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Guitar: Beginner optional indicator for when and where to move hand position

For beginners, It would be great to have an optional visual cue for when and where to move hand position on the guitar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BPM control for automatic speed adjustment in practice mode

When speed increases in percents in practice mode, the increase gets larger when the speed increases. I'd rather have it so that I could control the speed increments by BPM. For example, increase the speed always by 3 BPM. This way the speed increase is less dramatic and frustrating than it is currently. Now I need to manually adjust the speed, which is really difficult to do accurately (there's another issue about that).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show Previous Playthrough

Hi. The graphic that shows missed notes at the bottom of the screen disappears when you move on to a new song. It would be great if we called up a song in a Practice mode it was already populated with the previous playthrough graphics, so we could go straight to practicing problem bits.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Advertising to get funding for the app instead of charging.

Acorn is an app is is essentially free to use to invest, store, and budget your money for free.
    YouTube is a site that shows us user created videos for free. Both of those companies made deals with other companies and artists by accepting their funding instead of accepting funding from their users. Yousician has the potential to acquire new music, new teachers, and advertisers by allowing artists, record labels, and manufacturers to push their product during, before and after each lesson. The revenue from those interactions should at least bring down the cost of learning on this app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have the staff and note to be sung displayed, not just the green, horizontal line (and note letter (if switched on)).

I wish to learn to sight read. For students like me, please give us this option, rather than just have the green horizontal line (with the note name embedded, if switched on).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. More common singing exercises in "Workouts".

Yousician could show my errors, and I could then make pitch changes on the spot. i.e.
    1, 121, 12321, 1234321, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "Workouts", more singing exercises and singing in harmony exercises.

In "Workouts" more singing exercises would be appreciated, and more (and longer) singing in harmony exercises.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ghost notes (dead notes) lessons for Bass

It would be awesome to have lessons on muted/ghost notes. Muting is talked about briefly, but really we need lesson videos, and SONGS to play with these muted notes. Almost every genre has bass playing with "ghost" notes which are muted notes played for bass and there are a few songs in Yousician with them, but there is no lesson. It seems a huge omission. Lesson and lots of practice songs with muted notes. Once these lessons and songs (at various levels) are there, then any song with muted notes can be played (Premium Plus songs have muted notes [e.g.…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. No restart

I don't want to have to restart the section even if I do bad in perform mode, so I don't have to Re-Do the section

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Accuracy

Have song progress only if correct note is played, that way if I mess up a key then I don't have to rewind the entire song and find the part I messed up on, and I can correct my mistake then and there.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The bar to move through the song opens iphone swipe settings

The iphone will often pull up its drag up menu when trying to scroll through the song as it's too close to the bottom of the screen, maybe just allow us to tap anywhere on the virtual scrolling guitar and swipe our way around.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow us to customize auto tempo

Rocksmith already has something like this.

But allow us to change some things. Like what percent auto tempo increases/decreases by, and also the threshold at which it increases and decreases.

Also the scroll bar is very difficult to adjust for manual temp control, hard to select a specific tempo, especially because the nature of the iphone is that it starts to open up a menu when you drag near the top of the screen.
    Instead, give like a +5 -5 buttons for manual practice quick tempo control. And even an option to type in a number.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. notifications

We REALLY need a function or something implemented that allows us view notifications as per the instrument we have selected, rather than all notifications across all instruments showing up in the same list.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cord Shapes on Strings

When the ball is rolling to a initial Cords first three strums indicating frets shape for a C it would be helpful to show the notes on the strings as to assist in memorization of the shape. That is just include yousician shape guide that already exists at the top of the screen and lay it over the rolling fret string guides first three strums only.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to turn lyrics off in Youscian Voice

I'd like to use Yousician Voice to learn a song by heart, so I can sing it without lyrics. Can we have an option to turn the lyrics off please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base