Feature requests

Type in your idea in the field below to see if it is already listed. If it is, vote for it! If it is not listed, then post it as a new idea! We can’t promise that we can do all of them, but we will definitely do our best!

Please note, that this forum is for proposing and discussing new features and their technical implementation solely. If you have a song suggestion, please add it to the Song Requests forum.

Thanks again for your support and keep jamming!

1. Ability to mark songs as Dislike, Exclude or Hide

When scrolling through the "New Songs" list, I would like a way to mark songs that I have previously checked out but didn't like or was not interested in. If there was a way to tag these then they could be filtered out or at least marked so I would know not to open it again.

Since the songs show up quite randomly, I find I'm always scrolling through looking for something new that I might be interested in. This will get more tedious than it already is as the collection grows.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Play back

I would like to see a section where I can record the music I played along with and play it back to hear myself.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Singing feature should teach you to read music OBVIOUSLY

It doesn’t seem to do that. How silly!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please Enable Tempo Filter For Songs

When I get tired of practicing harder songs on a slower tempo, I can continue practicing by switching to an easier faster song to break things up and liven up the session.

However I cant currently search for fast songs, so I have to go through the easy songs one by one and this kills my momentum and motivation to continue.

Please add some sort of filter by speed or bpm to make it easier to switch up the pace. It will increase my learning capability dramatically.

Thank you

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. finger picking lessons

so I like the idea of finger picking. that way I can feel and know the strings i'm on. so my idea entitles the finger picking styles teaching styles and practices I noticed there songs that involve it but not really any lessons it just afeels assumed that i want to play with a pick

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add metronome in 'perform' mode

whenever you are playing a pro show you use in ear professional stage wireless monitor system so I think is a MUST to have while practicing song in real speed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatically restart on error / mistake

Could we have a mode to auto-restart the song/section on error for when we are trying to get gold stars? It should be a toggle option obviously and off by default.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add ability to toggle drums, vocals etc from track

It would be great to customise tracks to toggle features such as drums, vocals etc. So I could use the app to play the song with others band members. For example I want play the guitar with guidance from Yousician and a drummer plays the drums rather than it on the backing track, but still have Yousician play the vocals and other instruments.
    But make customisable so you can decide what you want to turn off and on.
    Support for "muti-player" would be good, so multiple band members could run the app, but the song time-line is synced so everyone…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Instead of having to keep up with the tempo, give the option to practice accuracy

So the song only moves forward if I get the notes correct

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. More advanced music theory

Love the idea, but doesn't have much to offer an intermediate player looking to become more advanced (other than learning complex songs). Adding more scales (modes), arpeggios, and sight reading exercises.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sing along while playing instrument

I would like to be able to practice singing while playing an instrument. I think a karaoke-like interface combined with the instrument tablature would be useful. I don’t need the singing to be graded, but I think being able to compare the instrument playing scores with and without singing would be useful.

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. A feature where guitar and singing is combined for yousician to detect and give you feedback!

For example: I like to play the guitar and sing @ the same time like many others do because playing the guitar and singing go hand in hand and everybody who do both like to combine them together so a feature where you can play the guitar and sing @ the same time but yousician can give you feedback on both @ the same time just like it does individually and separately! So that we can check if our singing is in sync with our guitar playing!
    (PS: ALSO; include the same feature as well for playing the ukulele and…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add this song - > Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode

One off the most classis rock guitar song of all time is missing in this fantastic program ;-)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make a subscribtion that includes all popular songs but only includes one instrument.

Because many people like me can't afford to pay for premium+ just to get popular songs. Most people using yousician want popular songs but only want to learn one instrument, so I suggest we have a subscribtion between premium and premium+ which includes all popular songs but only one instrument of choice.

164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Black notes labeled

I want traditional notes but have them labeled to know which ones they are so I can learn regular notes.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Requested song sorting option

Currently you can filter requested songs as “hot,” “recent,” etc. It would be really helpful if we could also sort by artist alphabetically. This would obviously require users to enter their requested songs in a specific manner, but it would be a big help. I’m sure Yousician could analyze which artists get more responses than others, and could better fill their customers needs.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Respond to "feature requests"

Respond to these requests. All of them seem wonderful, especially the ones about restoring custom songs.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Set Account To Preferred Type of Music

Yousician Users should be required to set their accounts to the type of music they like upon registration and / or by changing their Account settings. Like so, the songs featured during mission and workout sessions would be suitable to the user’s taste in music. Especially when singing. In addition, this option should suitably and solely implement and recommend a collection of songs in the home page / Yousician Collections based on the user’s preferred type of music which is specified in their account settings.

E.g. if I change my settings to “Christian Music”, in that case Yousician should solely…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Levels 10-15 piano lesson path

Add levels 10-15 on the piano lesson path.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Some top songs from Metallica, pink floyd and guns and roses

I think for the price of premium membership, there should be some more top famous guitar tunes from pink floyd, metallica and guns and Roses

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 44 45
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base